• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
If Queensland are serious there's no way they'll be picking Tonga. Passenger is being generous.

uvelocity

International Coach
reckon kearney could have brought on sammy at the 60th for all the difference it would have made. what an idiot.

how good is thurston. omg.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
let's not be too harsh on the Broncos. They were put out by some really bad scheduling...,

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
let's not be too harsh on the Broncos. They were put out by some really bad scheduling...,
Yeah how the hell are we supposed to handle playing on a Saturday!! Its a disgrace. :D

I think we were due a loss as the Warriors are always difficult for us to beat in NZ. We are back to Friday Night Football next week, Manly will be very difficult though.

howardj

International Coach
Just discussing today, in terms of not just personnel but form, has Qld ever been so well placed going into battle. Even Inglis, a notorious sluggish starter to the season, is up and going.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No we haven't, but it makes me slightly nervous. The only player likely to be named who is down on form is Boyd who has been fairly ordinary all year. Petero has had better days, I don't really expect him to be named though unless we have an injury or two in the forwards.

Also, can someone confirm who Sam Kasiano has pledged his alliance to? During his interview on Friday night he said 'QLD' but it was hard to tell if he knew what was going on, so shy but funny.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Also, can someone confirm who Sam Kasiano has pledged his alliance to? During his interview on Friday night he said 'QLD' but it was hard to tell if he knew what was going on, so shy but funny.
Thought he'd gone with NZ? SMH:

"The hard-hitting 21-year-old front-rower is one of the form forwards in the NRL.

He was born in Auckland and played as a junior for the Otahuhu Leopards but has been talked about as a possible Origin bolter in recent weeks.

It has been reported on both sides of the Tasman that Kasiano has signalled his intent to play for Queensland. But it's understood he told the NZRL this week that his wish was to play for New Zealand."

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I had assumed he had chosen NZ, he might have just been joking with Joey during the interview as perhaps he supports QLD.

I'm still not certain on two spots in our side. I think we'll see: 1 Slater 2 Boyd 3 Inglis 4 Hodges 5 Tate 6 Thurston 7 Cronk 8 Scott 9 Smith 10 Shillington 11 Myles 12 Thaiday 13 Harrison 14 xx 15 Taylor 16 Hannant 17 xx

14 could be Cherry-Evans, Barba, Bowen, Gillett
17 could be Civoniceva, McGuire, Parker, Gillett, Lillyman.