Cricket Player Manager
Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Looks like sticky has his halves combination sorted. Paves the way for the golden child Dugan to waltz back into the side.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport...-1226326597840

Wasn't Stuart waxing lyrical about having to play players in their natural positions last year?
    i don't even watch nrl that much anymore but even i know it's a no-brainer to play Carney at 5/8, Hayne on one wing (or at full back), Uate on the other and never ever pick morris again.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Nah Morris is probably better on the wing than Hayne.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Wasn't Stuart waxing lyrical about having to play players in their natural positions last year?
    Rings a bell, tbh. Wasn't it his rationale for leaving Hayne out of the first game last year?

Also, the Anzac test & County/City getting their own weekend is new, isn't it? IIRC they were usually played on the Friday of a normal weekend's fixtures.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Nah Morris is probably better on the wing than Hayne.
    it's Morris. it's best to assume he's a massive front-runner until proven otherwise. remember like the last 2 series?

both morrissesss have been going well. Hayne wouldn't be picked for me. Sill recon Soward has the best general play kicking game in the league, and would have Wallace at 7 not that useless traitor **** of a junior pearce.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Hayne with a fantastic pass on to the chest of Ferguson for a try today. Natural 5/8.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    both morrissesss have been going well. Hayne wouldn't be picked for me. Sill recon Soward has the best general play kicking game in the league, and would have Wallace at 7 not that useless traitor **** of a junior pearce.
    nah **** learn from mistakes ffs. Hayne has pretty much never let NSW down. Morris has.

Then again if the other 12 NSW players on the field are firing than Morris is a swell player to have.

Nah the 6 has to be Carney. If we're going to go with a guy like Pearce at 7 (solid but unspectacular) we need someone with a bit of spark at 5/8 and Sowards not that sort of player. Actually think Wallace would be the next best option for the 7 but he was never going to get a CC spot ahead of Pearce (he's a city boy). Wouldn't have minded seeing Wallace given a go at 6 ahead of Hayne, he played there for Penrith and he's in gun form, but I don't think he would be the kind of 6 NSW needs either.

As for Morris if Hayne plays FB I'm not sure if we have any better options for the second wing spot. Gordon is injured, even if you rate Merrit he's been injured all year, Ferguson is rocks/diamonds, McManus and Williams are good club level players but not quite Origin material, Turner is just lol. It becomes a bit easier if Dugan or Stewart plays FB and Hayne goes to the wing. Get the feeling Hayne may have played himself out of a blue jersey though.

If we're going to go with a guy like Pearce at 7 (solid but unspectacular)
    I agree with all of that, but what I'm saying is I wouldn't have Pearce at 7. Wallace & Soward would be my combo. Carney at 6 I could live with, but I just think Soward's positional kicking is second to none, and his defence is up to it. Wallace is leading around the donkeys like I thought wouldn't be able to.

I agree with all of that, but what I'm saying is I wouldn't have Pearce at 7. Wallace & Soward would be my combo. Carney at 6 I could live with, but I just think Soward's positional kicking is second to none, and his defence is up to it. Wallace is leading around the donkeys like I thought wouldn't be able to.
    Wallace isn't a vastly different type of player to Pearce though. Both are great organisers and defenders, Wallace probably has a bit better kicking game while Pearce has a bit better running game and is probably a bit stronger mentally (though I have no idea what I base that off). Wallace has probably been in better form this year (I agree, I thought he'd struggle without Lockyer but years of watching the man appear to have rubbed off on him) but he's playing in a vastly superior team too. Either way I'd prefer Carney paired with them.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Wallace is a solid club footballer and nothing more. Not up to rep stuff.

Leave Hayne out if you want. As a Parramatta fan I'd be quite happy. I'm pretty sure most Queensland fans would be too. FMD the bloke has been NSW best player when he's been stuck on the wing ffs. How hard is it to work out you pick the blokes you know can perform at that level, and always do? It's why blokes like Dallas Johnson and Ashley Harrison get picked for Qld no matter how their club sides are going. Because Qld are smart enough to know they'll do the job.

Morris in the side ahead of Hayne? Qld laughing all the way to seven in a row.
    Last edited by Burgey; 22-04-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Wings: Hayne, Uate
    Halves: Carney, Pearce
    FB: Dugan/Stewart
    Centres: Morris, Jennings
    Last edited by howardj; 22-04-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Wallace is a solid club footballer and nothing more. Not up to rep stuff.

Leave Hayne out if you want. As a Parramatta fan I'd be quite happy. I'm pretty sure most Queensland fans would be too. FMD the bloke has been NSW best player when he's been stuck on the wing ffs. How hard is it to work out you pick the blokes you know can perform at that level, and always do? It's why blokes like Dallas Johnson and Ashley Harrison get picked for Qld no matter how their club sides are going. Because Qld are smart enough to know they'll do the job.

Morris in the side ahead of Hayne? Qld laughing all the way to seven in a row.
    I didn't say I'd leave him out tbh. I just get the feeling it will happen. Playing him at 6 was just absurd, and Sticky has already said that's where he sees him playing, so if Carney is the better 6 (and he is)...

It'll come down to whether he's fit for me. If he's anywhere remotely near his best he'll be light years ahead of Morris even if they do pick Dugan or Stewart at FB. I've only watched a couple of his games this year though and he hasn't looked 100%.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Dear NSW,

Please pick Hayne at 5/8.

Yours Truely,

QLD Fans.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread Information