• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Just in case we all forgot, Travis Burns is really a bit rubbish.
Burns was close to our best tonight. I don't know if that disproves anything you've said but there it is. In all honesty he's not a 5/8s arsehole but I think he's going ok at hooker. Decent (though not amazing) service, but he's a great player to have in the middle of the ruck, really puts a mountain of effort in. I'd have him there over Kingston who hasn't been much chop this year.

Didn't think the Knights were that good actually. Some nice ball movement but some silly errors and it's hard to read much into your defense when your fringes are being "terrorised" by Clint Newton and Danny Galea.

Anyway as others have mentioned Gidley getting injured actually helps the blues, Buderus is hardly a NSW standout and early reports were that Jennings should be ok. Boyd went ok but Uate went better :D

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope Jennings is fit for Origin. He's looked really dangerous this year. Desperately need him on the park.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I just realised I got it back to front before. Need a rant about NSW being no good.
I don't think Spikey's rants work on RL. He's ranted about NSW and Morris in particular for a while now and you can see how well that went.

Spikey

yeah i pretty sure i ranted about morris' selection for NSW last year and well he was as **** as ever iirc

for the sake of consistency I'll rant about Morris' selection this year though and who knows this might be hte year! i usually whinge about Ben Creagh too

Last edited:

Spikey

the main call being that they are flat track bullies who can't make the step up and of course those two can't disprove those claims of being flat track bullies until they either a) play a good game or two at rep level when the team doesn't kill it or b) stop playing for a top 4 team.

Burgey

You're well within your rights to whinge about Ben Creagh. He's a dud rep player. Has never stood up for NSW.

howardj

International Coach
Hayne shows up late to training yesterday.

He's yet another case study of why you never, ever hand most young players fat, long term contracts

Been in a comfort zone ever since

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope he gets 10+ weeks. Deserves it, was such a low act. And all because he put his foot out about 5 minutes earlier taking a kick off and got his panties in a twist.

Good to see Jamie Soward not doing much. Would rather Carney than him as NSW 5/8 99.9999999999999999999 times out of 100. At least Carney's a chance of doing something out of the ordinary. If only Soward was at least close to being as good as he thinks he is.