• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

bradmaven

Cricket Spectator
I'm so annoyed that I turned that tigers game off with 10 minutes to go , I couldn't bear to see the bunnies go down again.
Silly me.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
BTW, a few pages ago I was mentioning the potential second rowers for NSW - I totally forgot about Tariq Sims who you would think with a few games under his belt, is a very good candidate.

This season has been excellent so far, you get the feeling that injuries have contributed to the way the ladder currently looks.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
BTW, a few pages ago I was mentioning the potential second rowers for NSW - I totally forgot about Tariq Sims who you would think with a few games under his belt, is a very good candidate.

This season has been excellent so far, you get the feeling that injuries have contributed to the way the ladder currently looks.
Other than the Raiders and maybe Manly I wouldn't think "we have injuries" would excuse any of the teams on the slide. Every team has lost a few. Only the Storm have been largely untouched as usual.

But I agree the footy has been mostly excellent.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Other than the Raiders and maybe Manly I wouldn't think "we have injuries" would excuse any of the teams on the slide. Every team has lost a few. Only the Storm have been largely untouched as usual.

But I agree the footy has been mostly excellent.
I should say injuries and suspension (Farah and Tony Williams).

- The loss of Galloway and to a lesser extent Tedesco has impacted on the Tigers. Farah's suspension hasn't helped.

- Manly is definitely an obvious one and Canberra has been hit with injuries like you say.

- Parra without Hayne have struggled, Warriors have missed the composure of Luck, Lillyman and Rapira too. I don't necessarily think all 3 are that special, but they are the 3 most experienced forwards at the club and defensively they'll looked a little rattled, perhaps a coincidence.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Most teams have lost a few though. Penrith miss Gordon, Grant, Smith and Plum. Broncos miss Yow Yeh and Parker. Dragons had Scott, Cooper and Prior out for a couple of games. It's just some teams have better depth or respond better to injuries.

Just hate hearing fans blaming a loss on injuries when their opposition have as many players out as they do. "Player x is a bigger out for us" is often just a way of saying "your depth is better than ours." Can understand when it's multiple of a teams best players a la Manly ofc.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Ben Smith is being missed by Parra this season. he's pretty mobile and a decent back rower. Stil, as Aus**** says though, the squad lacks depth. The played Ryan Morgan in the centres last Saturday night. Now, I'm sure he's a lovely lad, but the fact is the kid's ********. Shouldn't be there.

It stems from them losing Loko again for the year. But its the club's fault for not at least having some cover there in that position for him.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I think Parra have missed Smith too. If nothing else it means you could punt Lasalo back to NSW cup where he belongs. On a related note, what happened to Horo. Saw him named for Wenty, always rated him highly.

Always thought Paulo would make a decent center. None of his first grade coaches agree with me though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Paulo is too much a 'hero' to be a first grader. He could be Feleti Mateo if he didn't think he was Benji Marshall.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
NSW just found Gallen's front row partner - James Tamou who has chosen the Blues over the Kiwis.

uvelocity

International Coach
if sauce and farah coming back dont give us some starch this arvo..... tipped the tigers with heart not head.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ellis is a bigger loss for you than Galloway is a gain.
Ellis is a better player than Galloway but I disagree with this assessment. Galloway's loss has been absolutely massive for the Tigers and I do think they can cover for Ellis to some extent (certainly better than they've covered for Galloway).

uvelocity

International Coach

those two 75m breaks the broncs turned into turnovers the biggest difference I feel. Probably the worst most disappointing start to a season since 1990.

also tuquiri has already retired **** him off

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Corey Parker has spent his time off recuperating from his injury and joining the Nazi party.

Nice haircut Corey! Adolf would be proud.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ellis is a better player than Galloway but I disagree with this assessment. Galloway's loss has been absolutely massive for the Tigers and I do think they can cover for Ellis to some extent (certainly better than they've covered for Galloway).
Galloway gets talked about like he's the new Steve Roach. He's a solid club player at best. He's a rep level myth, like Lawrence. Shouldn't get anywhere near a NSW jumper. Can't believe the Tigers rely on him to the extent they do. Paten was a better player than Galloway.

Last edited: