• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I know this is the NRL thread but St Helens are utterly tearing Leeds apart, 24-0 after 20 minutes. Great rugby.

Either Sky are brilliant at picking fixtures or I'm getting lucky, all the games I've seen this season have been top notch.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't think I'd be saying this at the start of the year, but the Tigers really miss Bryce Gibbs. 45 missed tackles last night, Canberra with 12 line breaks. Lucky not to have 50 put on them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Didn't think I'd be saying this at the start of the year, but the Tigers really miss Bryce Gibbs. 45 missed tackles last night, Canberra with 12 line breaks. Lucky not to have 50 put on them.
Galloway being injured and Sheens refusing to play Blair in the middle third have made Gibbs's loss felt, definitely. It really is high time that Heighington and Blair swapped positions and Bell started getting much more gametime than Groat.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Galloway being injured and Sheens refusing to play Blair in the middle third have made Gibbs's loss felt, definitely. It really is high time that Heighington and Blair swapped positions and Bell started getting much more gametime than Groat.
Both Meaney and Humble on the bench is pretty WTF too. Particularly when you start a guy like Groat who tires quickly. Was every front rower at the club injured or something? Very strange.

Blair was just awful last night. Tons of missed tackles, few meters, cheap penalties and on report for a chicken wing.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thrilled to see big Dave Shillington, who I traded into my Dream Team this week, pick up 22 points before half time.

Now of course he's injured for months. Brilliant.

The Tigers are woeful. Too many blokes there believe too much of what they read about themselves. As soon as a side challenges them up the guts, they go to water. Laughable they were favourites a few weeks back.

howardj

International Coach
They are the very embodiment of everything that is wrong with a good number of young folk:

- Pleased with themselves
- Not willing to work for it

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good bloke too. Surprised he's not taking the traditional coupla seasons up here to top up the pension fund tho. 32 pretty young to give it away, but then I suppose he's been at the coalface for all his career.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
32 might seem young, but when you consider the amount of work he's put in every single game and the fact that he has played over 300 games in a career spanning 15 years, it's a fantastic achievement.

Hindmarsh has been an absolute legend of the game, a shame that he'll finish his career without a Premiership.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Loved Hindmarsh, still remember the Origin where he basically ruined himself in the first half an hour, was going at something like a tackle a minute.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shillington named in the Raiders' line up. Is this wishful thinking? :unsure:

Several thousand DT managers demand to know.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought he had a torn pec. That's usually a season ender isnt it? I wasn't planning on risking it.

EDIT: Done a bit of nosing. Not a long term injury, but Raiders fans are skeptical about him playing.

Last edited:

Burgey

The juggernaut stirs.....

Burgeinho convinced our attendance is the lucky charm.

Was a good game actually. No penalties first twenty really opened it up. Good to see lots of offloads from our blokes.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Burgeinho convinced our attendance is the lucky charm.
Heh, have a cousin who's convinced of the same thing. We were going to go today but we couldn't make it. Her streak would have been broken so maybe there's something in that.

Wouldn't have thought Hayne would have made that level of difference. They couldn't tackle a thing last week.

Meanwhile we get diddled by a soft penalty and an arsey Todd Carney field goal :@

Burgey

I wonder if they should play Seo at right centre and put Burt on the wing. Esi Tonga would be the normal choice but I'm not sure he's all that great anyway. Need a solid defender next to Sandow, who alternates between smashing blokes and being a turnstyle.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Big finish in the Tigpies Bunnies match - I can't stand watching commercial delayed footy on a sunday arvo,