• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 Nations Prediction/Tipping

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Better late than never!

Italy beat Scotland by 7
Wales beat France by 7
England beat Ireland by 21

cpr, fredfertang and Marcuss all called the Wales France spot on.

Scores:

Code:
fredfertang	34
ripper868	29
Marcuss		20
BoyBrumby	19
cpr		15
Quaggas		12
marc71178	 5
Overall, congratulations to ripper:

Code:
ripper868	142
BoyBrumby	125
Marcuss		122
Quaggas		115
fredfertang	110
marc71178	110
Somerset	105
cpr		104
Eds		 28
Hurricane	 28
Bonnie Prince C	 17

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Grateful I managed to save myself from total oblivion there with a decent last round

Congrats to ripper for winning - says something about his knowledge when a bloke from the Southern Hemisphere wins this by a country mile

......... and thanks to marc for running it

Quaggas

State Captain
Cheers for the comp, Marc. I really bombed the last round, esp w/ my Ireland call!

Congrats, Ripper.

ripper868

International Coach
Congrats to ripper for winning - says something about his knowledge when a bloke from the Southern Hemisphere wins this by a country mile
More arse then class really - based my picks off the RWC and then Italy v Scotland is whoever is at home wins.

Margins never likely to get more than 10 really unless its X vs Italy (where X isn't Scotland)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Renewing this for 2013 if people are interested, the rules remain the same:

For getting a correct prediction you get an automatic 5 points, with up to 10 more points available for margin, on a sliding scale (so if you're spot on you get 10 points, but if you're 3 points out you get 7 points etc.)

For example for France vs Italy if I predict Italy to win by 45 points and they win by 47 points, I get 5 for the prediction and 8 for the margin.

If you predict a margin of less than 10 points, then you can actually score points even if you get the prediction wrong. For example if you predict say France to beat Italy by 6 points and Italy win by 3 points, you get 1.

Deadline for each pick is when the game kicks off, but will be putting the fixtures round by round.

So the first games are (all times are UK times):

Code:
Sat Feb 2	13.30	Wales v Ireland
Sat Feb 2	16.00	England v Scotland
Sun Feb 3	15.00	France v Italy

Howe_zat

Audio File
Wales v Ireland by 3
England v Scotland by 15
France v Italy by 18

Probably the top 3 sides all playing at home this week, simplifies things. Ireland will make it hard work for them but will likely come up short in Cardiff.

Quaggas

State Captain
Sat Feb 2 13.30 Wales v Ireland by 1
Sat Feb 2 16.00 England v Scotland by 10
Sun Feb 3 15.00 France v Italy by 15

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ireland beat Wales by 8
England beat Scotland by 20
Italy beat France by 5

No spot on predictions and nobody called the mighty Italians beating the Frogs.

Scores:

Code:
BoyBrumby	25
fredfertang	22
Quaggas		13
Howe_zat	10
Marcuss		10
marc71178	 7
Somerset	 5
And the next games:

Code:
Sat Feb 9	14.30	Scotland v Italy