• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Football Clubs Survey

Days of Grace

International Captain
When did hatred of clubs start?

Can't imagine fights breaking out between two sets of fans in the 50's and 60's.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
When did hatred of clubs start?

Can't imagine fights breaking out between two sets of fans in the 50's and 60's.
Been going on for years. The Scottish Cup was witheld in 1909 because after it was announced that there would be no extra time in the final (Rangers and Celtic having drawn) the fans started a full scale riot.

cpr

International Coach
Thats just Scotland though.

Upto about the 50's you'd find in Manchester people would go watch Utd at home one week, then City at home the next (especially when we were using Maine Road), was really only around then that cheaper tickets and better transport links made it easier for people to follow A team, rather than watch whatever match was on that weekend in their town.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Manchester United 4
Manchester City 2
Liverpool 3
Newcastle 3
Arsenal 0
Chelsea 0
Tottenham 4
Norwich 3
Aston Villa 3
Swansea 3
Stoke 3
Queen's Park Rangers 2
West Brom 3
Sunderland 3
Fulham 3
Everton 4
Wolves 3
Blackburn 2
Bolton 3
Wigan 4
Leeds United 5
Nottingham Forest 3
Sheffield Wednesday 2
West Ham 3

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Manchester United 5
Manchester City 2
Liverpool 0
Newcastle 3
Arsenal 2
Chelsea 1
Tottenham 4
Norwich 3
Aston Villa 3
Swansea 3
Stoke 4
Queen's Park Rangers 3
West Brom 3
Sunderland 4
Fulham 3
Everton 4
Wolves 3
Blackburn 2
Bolton 3
Wigan 4
Leeds United 2
Nottingham Forest 3
Sheffield Wednesday 3
West Ham 1

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
A Leeds fan who has Manchester United among his next favourite teams? ITSTL.
I'm not remotely a die hard fan. But I would say they are my top team in England, because my family is from Leeds and my brother is a big fan of them. I like United mostly because of Sir Alex.

cpr

International Coach
How can you not?

Half the stuff he's accused of, most other managers do to - Its just they don't stay in a job long enough to get a reputation for it.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually do not mind Ferguson nearly as much as I used to, hate his side just as much though, especially when they are not actually all that good but still bloody win stuff like the last couple of years.

Anyway saw someone gave Fulham a 4 which is just ridiculous. I mean no one actually likes them at all do they? They certainly don't have fans.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Actually do not mind Ferguson nearly as much as I used to, hate his side just as much though, especially when they are not actually all that good but still bloody win stuff like the last couple of years.

Anyway saw someone gave Fulham a 4 which is just ridiculous. I mean no one actually likes them at all do they? They certainly don't have fans.
Might've been me. Got a big soft spot for Schwarzer and Dempsey.

EDIT: nah, just a 3.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I have mountains of respect for him as a manager. I dislike him beyond comprehension though. I feel that's normal for most non-United fans.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have mountains of respect for him as a manager. I dislike him beyond comprehension though. I feel that's normal for most non-United fans.
Indeed, and as for the tired "every manager does it", well they didn't before Fergie became the Main Man. It's just tiresome, these pathetic mind-games coming from men as old as they all are, and he's still the worse. "I hope the Ref makes the brave decisions next match", basically, he'd better give us the right decisions, or I'll complain to ****.

Pressurising officials is why I'll never respect the man. The stupid thing is he would probably still win without it, because he put's good teams out. Sick to death of the playground mentality he's engendered.