• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

V8 Super Cars Bathurst 1000, 2011 edition

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok, so this is the one motor racing event which genuinely floats my boat. It's going live to the US on Speed Channel this year too.

161 laps, 1000kms. For those overseas who haven't seen it, this is a brutal race over a circuit which climbs, then descends, over about 300 metres. Just an amazing circuit.

Here's an in-car clip from 2010.

Lowndes Onboard 2010 Bathurst 1000 Lap Record 2:06.8012 - YouTube

Hope they all get around safely this year.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty much my favourite weekend of the year :)

Hoping for a Winterbottom win. Althought anyone but Tander/Whincup/Lowndes would do really.

Burgey

Ok, so who's a tad disappointed at the clean start?

Admit it, come on...

Burgey

Hoping Paul Morris/ Steve Owens do well. Mate of mine is involved in managing that team.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok, so who's a tad disappointed at the clean start?

Admit it, come on...
Especially after the first lap of last years race...

I'm happy enough for Tander to pummel a wall at any stage during the race though, doesn't necessarily have to happen at the start 8|

Burgey

Especially after the first lap of last years race...

I'm happy enough for Tander to pummel a wall at any stage during the race though, doesn't necessarily have to happen at the start 8|
Oh Jesus, you mean Fabian Coulthard?

youtube.com/watch?v=XgVFC-n7RFE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Insane, wasn't it?

benchmark00

Can't wait until lap 160 where they have to go the other way to finish off. Always a good spectacle.

benchmark00

Are you proposing that we replace the human drivers with chickens next year?

I like where your head's at.

Burgey

Are you proposing that we replace the human drivers with chickens next year?

I like where your head's at.
I am. I'm also advocating a return to 1920s style greyhound racing, when they used to have monkey jockeys, for the LOLs.