• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Premier League Tipping 2011/12

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Final update

The admin first: bi gets Somers's tips as per his instructions.

A good week to end the season with. No-one does worse than at least a 50% passmark.

Best get of the final Sunday was Sean & Furball calling the Swans' home win & worst miss was fred not backing Wigan to best the already gone Wolfs.

No tips from DoG, so he shares grecian's woe.

Weekly

Halsey 8
Sean 8
GF 8
GIMH 7
Somers 7
Marcuss 7
fatt 7
bi 7
Brumby 7
marc 6
fred 6
Johnners 6
grecian 5

DoG 5

Weekly extras to Halsey, GF & Sean for their 8s.

As expected marc pulls off a maiden crown, topping the 200 mark in the process. Congrats to him. :)

Halsey's 8 closes the gap to five and secures him silver from Somers, who takes the bronze. Sean's & Furball's own 8s mean they pip fred for fourth & bi for sixth respectively.

Final Standings

1) marc 202.11
2) Halsey 197.07
3) Somers 194.07
4) Sean 191.09
5) fred 190.08
6) GF 188.11
7) bi 188.06
8) Brumby 186.03
9) Johnners 184.07
10) fatt 181.07
11) grecian 181.06
12) GIMH 179.05
13) Marcuss 174.03
14) DoG 161

Thanks to all who took part and especially those who stuck with it to the bitter end. Hope to see you all back for 2012/13. :)

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cracking effort to run this for a full season. Cheers BB.

Looking to include actual score predictions in the Euros if people are up for it - feedback would be good though if people would prefer to keep it as is.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Looking to include actual score predictions in the Euros if people are up for it - feedback would be good though if people would prefer to keep it as is.
Yeah, top hole stuff Brumbers, sterling effort.:)

I was thinking of a fantasy comp for the Euros, I think there's a decent MacDonalds one. Yet if anyone knows of any better....

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done marc, sewed it up by Christmas didn't you?

............ and many thanks to Brumbers for running it and providing the only basis I have for remaining in touch with my younger son, save when the little ****er wants cash of course, cos that's different

Furball

Evil Scotsman
6th is a good effort considering I'd missed the first 4 weeks of the season. If I'd kept my nose clean then who knows?

Congrats to marc, and thanks to Brumby for running it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Two suggestions I'd make:

1. Non-tippers should get the lowest score minus one point. To use the most recent tips as an example, I don't think it's fair that DoG gets the same score as grecian when grecian actually made the effort to tip.

2. I'd like to see a bonus for people that make unique, correct tips.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats Marc, a worthy winner. :) Very happy with a bronze medal given my historically poor premier league tipping performance! Cheers for running the admin side of things Brumby, a great job as always.

biased indian

International Coach
6th is a good effort considering I'd missed the first 4 weeks of the season. If I'd kept my nose clean then who knows?

Congrats to marc, and thanks to Brumby for running it.
you would have got only 7th was planning to follow same tip as you... changed mind at last minute.

good effort marc welcome to the winners club

and thanks to Brumby for running it..

biased indian

International Coach

so how it will work you get bonus point for correct score line ?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm thinking something along lines of:
5 points for nailing score.
3 points for getting margin spot on
2 points for getting margin 1 out
1 point for getting winner.

Draw-wise I need to work it out but probably:
5 points for nailing score.
3 points for getting number of goals scored by each team 1 out
2 points for getting number of goals scored by each team more than 1 out

biased indian