• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union Sim

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Next question. I'm pretty much ready to sim this, but don't really want to post commentary twice; especially when half the players in the CW team are already members at Cricsim.

What I was thinking is that I'll post the commentary of key plays on Cricsim, but post the stats & scorecards on both sites. If you want to read the commentary on Cricsim, you can read it without registering (I think) and then comment in this thread. Then for those who can't be bothered to read the commentary, you can see the stats and how you performed on here. Sound okay?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Next question. I'm pretty much ready to sim this, but don't really want to post commentary twice; especially when half the players in the CW team are already members at Cricsim.

What I was thinking is that I'll post the commentary of key plays on Cricsim, but post the stats & scorecards on both sites. If you want to read the commentary on Cricsim, you can read it without registering (I think) and then comment in this thread. Then for those who can't be bothered to read the commentary, you can see the stats and how you performed on here. Sound okay?
What am I missing? How hard is it to copy and paste into 2 threads on different sites? Or is this all an attempt to drive traffic to Cricsim? To be honest, I'd like to read the commentary but I have no interest in going to Cricsim to read it.

HeathDavisSpeed

What am I missing? How hard is it to copy and paste into 2 threads on different sites? Or is this all an attempt to drive traffic to Cricsim? To be honest, I'd like to read the commentary but I have no interest in going to Cricsim to read it.
Well, it isn't hard to copy and paste, but it's another little job to add to a list of little jobs to sim the game that can add up to make it a pain. I also sim 10 minutes of game-time at a time, so I paste up what's happened in that 10 minutes and then move on to sim the next ten minutes. There's nothing that annoys me more than duplicating work or tasks for no real benefit. If you want to see it, I can paste all the commentary in here, but it's not going to be until the match is over.

The long term aim is that Cribb is building a webpage where I can upload the commentary in bulk and it polls the commentary one line at a time to make it almost 'live action'. Yes, that would have a cricsim.com stem, but wouldn't be a forum page - it'd be more like the vidiprinter from Grandstand.

ripper868

International Coach
TBH if you were to copy paste the entire game commentary etc in one go even after its "finished" at cricsim i'd be happy.

HeathDavisSpeed

TBH if you were to copy paste the entire game commentary etc in one go even after its "finished" at cricsim i'd be happy.
Well, I only put interesting parts on Cricsim anyway. Who wants to read about reset scrums? Watching 'ems bad enough. :ph34r:

I can get an output .txt file, but it's too big to attach on cricsim. Maybe I can attach it here? Then you get everything; rather than just the tries/penalties/key defensive plays

HeathDavisSpeed

Squads for the game:

Cricsim Development XV

1 irottev
2 RyanG (c)
3 Cevno
4 Rocks
5 Scottie
6 Alex
7 brettman135
8 Number 11