• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union Sim

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, it's not the best selection for a first-five, but I guess it may make them marginally less useless if they get involved in a ruck from time-to-time. Pretty much a skill to use for set-piece dominant Forwards.
Oh, lol. Would it be frowned upon/allowed if I changed it? :)

HeathDavisSpeed

Oh, lol. Would it be frowned upon/allowed if I changed it? :)
Nah. Go right ahead. We're still miles off getting 2 XVs at the moment. I'd rather have sign-ups compatable to their position.

At the moment, we might be looking at some friendlies against a composite Cricsim team or something. Definitely well short of Forwards too.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Nah. Go right ahead. We're still miles off getting 2 XVs at the moment. I'd rather have sign-ups compatable to their position.

At the moment, we might be looking at some friendlies against a composite Cricsim team or something. Definitely well short of Forwards too.
I can change to being a forward if it would help? Especially potentially a hooker, as I know that no one really wanted to be that on CricSim. I just thought with being a forward on CricSim I would be a back on here.

HeathDavisSpeed

I can change to being a forward if it would help? Especially potentially a hooker, as I know that no one really wanted to be that on CricSim. I just thought with being a forward on CricSim I would be a back on here.
Nah, we'll get there eventually. Be who you want to be.

Actually, I'm interested to see if I can get a XV of CricketWeb only guys. If I can, there's scope for them becoming the SR 6th team to ensure no byes.

HeathDavisSpeed

CricketWeb XV

7. Howe_zat
8. Brumbers
9. Ripper / Hurricane
10. Clapo
11. cpr
12. Somerset
13. Majin
14. Goughy
15. Jojo Mustard

What a surprise. A surplus of half-backs!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don't understand this fifteen there were other players such as eddie at hooker...

Ripper nailed halfback before I did - so if there is only going to be one CW team I will pick another position

New Seasonal Rugby Registrations Explanations

Forum Name:
Simming Name:
Provincial Allegiance: (GB/NZ/Aus/Asia)

Position 1: Points: Balanced Flanker (number 6) 100
Attacking: 35
Defending: 65
Goal Kicking:

Special Ability (only 1 out of):
Rucking Demon

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

I don't understand this fifteen there were other players such as eddie at hooker...
\

The XV above misses out anyone who's signed up for Seasonal Rugby at cricsim. My suspicion is that we won't get enough sign ups here for multiple teams, so if we can get fifteen sign ups who aren't on Cricsim, then I might admit the CricketWeb XV to the Cricsim Rugby Championships. I was looking to expand to five teams over there, but that introduces a bye, which the CricketWeb team could fill.

It might be the only way to get simming here.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Only need 5 more people - PM James he seems to like his rugby tell him we need a prop.

Also Burgey - Vimes people like that.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'd rather stab myself in the eyes with Andy Monk's pointy shoes than take part in this.

Seriously though, not really keen to get all that involved, but you can create a player for me if you like, heef.

Johnners

Which abilities would be suited to flyhalves? I'm assuming I'm best to pick one from bullet pass/electric step/explosive punter/sticky hands?

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Super Fit

Attacking Guru

Explosive Punter

Maybe one of these three Clapo - A flyhalf doesn't need a bullet pass just needs to shuffle it along nicely to this centres.

I would prefer my centres to have sticky hands to receive the passes from you - hopeffully Ripper will give you good service and you won't need sticky hands.

Electric step might be ok if you want to be like Aaron Cruden or Quade.

But it is up to you - and I don't mind what you pick...

Last edited:

Johnners

Thanks Hurricane, was leaning towards explosive punter anyway

Forum Name: Clapo
Simming Name: Ivan Ryabovol
Provincial Allegiance: Aust

Position 1: Balanced Flyhalf Points: 90
Position 2: Balanced Centre Points: 10

Attack: 60
Defence: 40

Godly Technique
Changing "Godley Technique" to "Explosive punter"

cpr

International Coach
Went for wing as I was a scrawny kid who could run fast it was where I played. Used to fill in with the kicking duties too, but didn't think the options would produce a decent fly half.

We OK for scrum halfs? Could change to that if needs

EddieM

Cricket Spectator
Nah, we'll get there eventually. Be who you want to be.

Actually, I'm interested to see if I can get a XV of CricketWeb only guys. If I can, there's scope for them becoming the SR 6th team to ensure no byes.
Get them signed up to SR @Cricsim. :ph34r:

weeman27bob

International Regular
Forum Name: weeman27bob
Simming Name: Bruce Force
Provincial Allegiance: GB

Position 1:
Set Piece Second Rower - 100

Attacking:
Defending: 80

High Jumper.
I seem to not have made my way onto the list.

If that's for some specific reason, by all means keep me off it, but I just thought I'd point it out. :)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
5. Weeman? If he is not on cricsim
6.Hurricane
7. Howe_zat
8. Brumbers
9. Ripper
10. Clapo
11. cpr
12. Somerset
13. Majin
14. Goughy
15. Jojo Mustard

Lacking 4-5 people - I blame Voltman.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aren't you on Cricsim? If not, then yes, you should be in there.
I don't think he's the same person that's on CricSim.

ftr, don't Hurricane, howe and Clapo have CricSim accounts? Although, they didn't sign for the sim, so fair enough including them here.