• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Sporting Siblings

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who are they?

Top level sport, any sport at all. Factor in the sport's popularity if you so choose.

Obvious ones would be the Williams sisters and the fighting Klitzchkos (or however you spell it).

Any others compare with those?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jackie & Bobby Charlton have to be up there. Both world cup winners; the latter arguably the greatest ever English footballer and still England's leading international goalscorer & the former a properly psychotic centre-half who booted anything for over twenty years and twice took Eire to WC quarter-finals as manager.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Jackie & Bobby Charlton have to be up there. Both world cup winners; the latter arguably the greatest ever English footballer and still England's leading international goalscorer & the former a properly psychotic centre-half who booted anything for over twenty years and twice took Eire to WC quarter-finals as manager.
They only made the last 16 in 1994. Got eliminated by the Dutch IIRC.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The Waughs in Cricket
The De Boers or Laudrups in footy?
I'm fortunate to have seen 3 of those 4 in the flesh on a regular basis.

Given that Michael is overwhelmingly regarded as being the better of the two Laudrups, I can't even begin to imagine how good he must have been as his younger brother was pretty special.

I've no idea why Ronald de Boer graced the SPL for 4 years (well, I do, his knees were ****ed) - he was outstanding on his game as well.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Charltons obviously in football. Still the only two with World Cup winning medals. Yet I'd disregard both on the fact of the club sides they played for. So the Van Der Kerkhof's obviously better.

Chappells too. For differing sports the Comptons and Marshes too.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit surprised no one has mentioned the Ella brothers.

Or the Chappells for that matter.

John and Ilsa Konrads both won Olympic gold in swimming iirc.

cpr

International Coach
The Neville brothers? 14 league titles &6 FA cups between them, and a Champions League medal each. The little fact of 144 England caps between them. Probably not the greatest brothers, but no other **** will give them a mention!

weeman27bob

International Regular
The Neville brothers? 14 league titles &6 FA cups between them, and a Champions League medal each. The little fact of 144 England caps between them. Probably not the greatest brothers, but no other **** will give them a mention!
Their sister played netball for England too, iirc.