• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Sporting Siblings

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
With Brumbeh re: Giraffin'.

Cheryl Miller was more known for her coaching and broadcasting than actually playing.
One of the top 3 womens ball players of all time. The reason she's only known for her sideline reporting is because no one cares about basketball where there's no dunking. That said, Reggie was an overrated player in that he was never a top 10 player in the league at any stage of his career. He lit up the Garden like no other though, what a man. One of my all time favourites, if for nothing else, his trash talking was spectacular.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of the top 3 womens ball players of all time. The reason she's only known for her sideline reporting is because no one cares about basketball where there's no dunking. That said, Reggie was an overrated player in that he was never a top 10 player in the league at any stage of his career. He lit up the Garden like no other though, what a man. One of my all time favourites, if for nothing else, his trash talking was spectacular.
Cheryl Miller's playing career was basically nothing after her college days.

I used to follow basketball pretty strongly up until the early 2000's, being a Pacers fan I followed Reggies career religiously. Love the man.

Besides, there's no way female siblings should be talked about in the same breath as male. Call me ***ist, call me whatever, but the fact of the matter is female sport is of a lower standard than male sport so they'll always be behind brother/brother combinations.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't disagree with you in that I don't think they're the most talented sibling pairing in history or anything, I just think that they should be recognised in some form in this thread. Their list of achievements is exemplary and both will be going into the Hall. That's impressive.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Brother's Ian and Tony Greig were Test cricketers of varying degrees of merit.
Tim and Tom Gullikson were tennis playing twins, both a bit below top class but an excellent doubles partnership. Also in tennis Helena Sukova and Cyril Suk. Tracy Austin and her brother John won the Mixed Doubles at Wimbledon in 1980.
Wayne Rooney has a brother somewhere hacking around the lower leagues.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Spinks bros; Leon & Michael? Double Olympic gold medallists in 1976 (Leon light-heavyweight & Michael middleweight) & both held versions of the world heavyweight title.

cpr

International Coach
No one mentioned the Williams sisters yet?

---
Edit: Apart from the very first post of course, FMD......

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No one mentioned the Williams sisters yet?

---
Edit: Apart from the very first post of course, FMD......
meh, i mentioned the chappells, and then burgey went on to whine why the chappels hadn't been mentioned. They were ****s like the Nevilles I reckon, which is why we don't want to effuse. The Waughs still haven't been mentioned which is good though,because they're ****s too.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Spinks bros; Leon & Michael? Double Olympic gold medallists in 1976 (Leon light-heavyweight & Michael middleweight) & both held versions of the world heavyweight title.
**** you, Michael Spinks. I paid twenty bucks to watch that **** fight Tyson at the Entertainment Centre on the big screen. Went to buy a beer, came back Amd the **** was flat on his back.

WAC.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
meh, i mentioned the chappells, and then burgey went on to whine why the chappels hadn't been mentioned. They were ****s like the Nevilles I reckon, which is why we don't want to effuse. The Waughs still haven't been mentioned which is good though,because they're ****s too.
Except in the first reply to the thread.

I'll mention WG and his Test playing brother then complain that they haven't been mentioned and then wait for someone to point out that they have..........
Or have they?...........................................