• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2011 National Provincial Championship (ITM Cup)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yet another new structure in place. The main event is now split into the Premiership and Championship (no idea where they stole those names from!). A few returning pros, and the chance for the Heartlands teams to gain some supporters with them playing at the same time at some RWC pool play.

Anyone keen for a tipping league or Superbru comp?

Ins/outs by team summarised below:

Premiership

Auckland - INS: Alby Mathewson (Wellington), Viliame Waqaseduadua (France), Hadleigh Parkes (Manawatu) OUTS: Ben Atiga (Otago), Matt Berquist (Ireland), Kurtis Haiu (Cancer), Brenton Helleur (North Harbour), Jamie Helleur (England), Ash Moeke (Northland), Atieli Pakilani (Australia), Andrew van der Heijden (England)
Bay of Plenty - INS: Jamie Nutbrown (Wales), Chris Noakes (Otago), Bronson Murray (Northland), Steve Kefu (England) OUTS: Mike Delany, Brett Mather (Japan), James McGougan (Otago)
Canterbury - INS: None of any great interest OUTS: Rodney Ah You (Ireland), Peter Borlase (Ireland), Isaac Ross, Stephen Brett (Japan), Tu Umaga-Marshall (Hawke's Bay)
Southland - INS: None of great interest OUTS: Tony Koonwaiyou (Auckland), Pehi te Whare (Russia), Joe Tuineau (Tongan RWC Squad)
Taranaki - INS: Will Helu (Italy) OUTS: David Smith (France), Willie Ripia (Australia)
Waikato - INS: Marty Holah (Wales), Rena Schuster (Japan) OUTS: Soseni Anesi, Steven Setephano, Dwayne Sweeney (Japan), Hikairo Forbes (Hawke's Bay), Christian Lealifano (Australia)
Wellington - INS: Paula Kinikinilau (Otago), Arden David (England) OUTS: Fa'atonu Fili, Rodney So'oialu (Japan), John Schwalger (France), Alby Mathewson (Auckland), Buxton Popoali'i, Daniel Ramsey, TJ Ioane (Otago), Ged Robinson (Australia), David Te Moana (Manawatu)

Championship

Counties-Manukau - INS: David Basin (Waikato) OUTS: David Raikuna (North Harbour), Jono Owen (Australia), Tana Umaga (Injury)
Hawke's Bay - INS: Hikairo Forbes (Waikato), Tu Umaga-Marshall (Canterbury), Sona Taumololo (Injured for 2010) OUTS: Ross Kennedy, Clint Newland (South Africa), Dan Kirkpatrick (Unattached), Luke Rooney (Australia), Jason Shoemark (England)
Manawatu - INS: Reuben Leilua, Dan Kelly (Australia), David Te Moana (Wellington), Nehi Milner-Skudder (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Rugby League) OUTS: Josh Bradnock, Shannon Paku (Retired :(), Hadleigh Parkes (Auckland), Sean O'Connor, Shane Kingsland (England)
North Harbour - INS: Luke Devcich (Italy), Brenton Helleur (Auckland), David Raikuna (Counties), Sam Tuia, Willie Walker, Brent Wilson (England), Rudi Wulf (France) OUTS: Tom Chamberlain, Grayson Hart, Mike Harris (France), Jack McPhee (Northland)
Northland - INS: Jack McPhee (North Harbour), Ash Moeke, Wayne Ngaluafe, Bryce Heem (Auckland), Marty Veale (England), Bryce Williams (France) OUTS: David Holwell (Retired :(), Dean Budd (Japan), Bronson Murray (BoP), Pat O'Connor (France)
Otago - INS: Ben Atiga (Auckland), Tony Brown (Japan), James McGougan (BoP), Daniel Ramsey, Buxton Popoali'i, TJ Ioane (Wellington) OUTS: Chris Noakes (BoP), Alando Soakai, Hayden Triggs (Japan), Fetu'u Vainikolo (Auckland)
Tasman - INS: Mark Bright (England), Andrew Goodman (Japan) OUTS: Chris Jack (Japan), Kade Poki (Unattached), Afeleke Pelenise (Japan), Poutasi Luafutu (France)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Up for a tipping league. I'm predicting Otago to not come last in the Championship - that's our goal this year.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Shortened competition this year but still something to look forward to in the build up to the World Cup. Nice to see the likes of Holah, Wulf and Tony Brown back in the competition. Keen for a tipping competition or if you'd like to set one up on Superbru Heath, I'd be happy to enter that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd be up for either.

Will be entering Super Bru's comp in any event. Have HDS to thank/blame for introducing me to the site in a previous year's comp.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know what Superbru is - but I am happy to participate in either.

Best Wishes

Hurricane

HeathDavisSpeed

For those wanting to join the Superbru pool:

Come join my ITM Cup (NPC) prediction game on SuperBru! It's free and loads of fun. Just click here:

SuperBru - Free ITM Cup (NPC) 2011 virtual rugby prediction game

Pool name: CricketWeb/Cricsim NPC Pool
Pool code: willhope

Hurricane - Superbru is a tipping website. Each week, you need to pick the winning team and margin for each game, and the website tallies up your points etc. I'll invite some guys from Cricsim too as there's some interest over there and the more people in the pool, the merrier I reckon.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Going through Heath's guide and the Rugby News programme, its quite noticeable how many high quality NZ players have gone from last year's competition to play in Japan. You could have a NZ-grown Japanese side of something like Delany, Anesi, Sweeney, Mather, Pelenise, Brett/Fili, (halfback), So'oialo, Soakai, Setephano, Jack, Ross/Triggs, (front row). Obviously a front row short of a useful team but otherwise thats a decent side.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
like the colours for the team names Heath

Also more excited the good guys are getting Marty Holah

HeathDavisSpeed

You could have a NZ-grown Japanese side of something like Delany, Anesi, Sweeney, Mather, Pelenise, Brett/Fili, (halfback), So'oialo, Soakai, Setephano, Jack, Ross/Triggs, (front row). Obviously a front row short of a useful team but otherwise thats a decent side.
Crazy really, the quality of some of these players going to Japan. Good to see Andrew Goodman coming in the opposite direction. Should drastically improve Tasman's chances.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Heef - Starts this weekend doesn't it - let me know if we are proceeding with this ie do we have enough sign ups - when we should start making predictions etc etc etc

HeathDavisSpeed

Heef - Starts this weekend doesn't it - let me know if we are proceeding with this ie do we have enough sign ups - when we should start making predictions etc etc etc
The Superbru pool's all ready to go, so you can make your picks there. I reckon we should go ahead with the standard picking tournament in here too. The only issue is that this year, there's pretty much NO break between game weeks. I think Tuesdays are the only day off, so people will have to be well on top of their picks. If you're keen, make your picks now.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Otago v North Harbour
Dunedin, Thur 14 Jul

You picked
Otago by 7
View community expectation >
Southland v Waikato
Invercargill, Fri 15 Jul

You picked
Waikato by 3
Manawatu v Hawke's Bay
Palmerston North, Sat 16 Jul

You picked
Hawke's Bay by 3
Northland v Tasman
Whangarei, Sat 16 Jul

You picked
Northland by 12
Taranaki v Wellington
New Plymouth, Sat 16 Jul

You picked
Wellington by 10
Auckland v Canterbury
Auckland, Sun 17 Jul

You picked
Canterbury by 12
Counties Manukau v Bay of Plenty
Pukekohe, Sun 17 Jul

You picked
Bay of Plenty by 10
My SuperBru picks - no research behind them

HeathDavisSpeed

Otago v North Harbour
Southland v Waikato
Manawatu v Hawke's Bay
Northland v Tasman
Taranaki v Wellington
Auckland v Canterbury

A bit of a stab in the dark at this time of the season. Could easily have gone the other way on most of 'em.

HeathDavisSpeed

Haha. Other than Bay of Plenty! How gutting would it be for one of us if Counties get up over BoP and all the other results go one way.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Otago v North Harbour
Southland v Waikato
Manawatu v Hawke's Bay
Northland v Tasman
Taranaki v Wellington
Auckland v Canterbury

More or less total guesswork based on a cursory glance at last year's table and the likelihood of home advantage.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Also, having two leagues named Premiership and Championship is considered harmful. take note NZ *appropriately inappropriate gif*