Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 National Provincial Championship (ITM Cup)

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.

2011 National Provincial Championship (ITM Cup)

Yet another new structure in place. The main event is now split into the Premiership and Championship (no idea where they stole those names from!). A few returning pros, and the chance for the Heartlands teams to gain some supporters with them playing at the same time at some RWC pool play.

Anyone keen for a tipping league or Superbru comp?

Ins/outs by team summarised below:

Premiership

Auckland - INS: Alby Mathewson (Wellington), Viliame Waqaseduadua (France), Hadleigh Parkes (Manawatu) OUTS: Ben Atiga (Otago), Matt Berquist (Ireland), Kurtis Haiu (Cancer), Brenton Helleur (North Harbour), Jamie Helleur (England), Ash Moeke (Northland), Atieli Pakilani (Australia), Andrew van der Heijden (England)
    Bay of Plenty - INS: Jamie Nutbrown (Wales), Chris Noakes (Otago), Bronson Murray (Northland), Steve Kefu (England) OUTS: Mike Delany, Brett Mather (Japan), James McGougan (Otago)
    Canterbury - INS: None of any great interest OUTS: Rodney Ah You (Ireland), Peter Borlase (Ireland), Isaac Ross, Stephen Brett (Japan), Tu Umaga-Marshall (Hawke's Bay)
    Southland - INS: None of great interest OUTS: Tony Koonwaiyou (Auckland), Pehi te Whare (Russia), Joe Tuineau (Tongan RWC Squad)
    Taranaki - INS: Will Helu (Italy) OUTS: David Smith (France), Willie Ripia (Australia)
    Waikato - INS: Marty Holah (Wales), Rena Schuster (Japan) OUTS: Soseni Anesi, Steven Setephano, Dwayne Sweeney (Japan), Hikairo Forbes (Hawke's Bay), Christian Lealifano (Australia)
    Wellington - INS: Paula Kinikinilau (Otago), Arden David (England) OUTS: Fa'atonu Fili, Rodney So'oialu (Japan), John Schwalger (France), Alby Mathewson (Auckland), Buxton Popoali'i, Daniel Ramsey, TJ Ioane (Otago), Ged Robinson (Australia), David Te Moana (Manawatu)

Championship

Counties-Manukau - INS: David Basin (Waikato) OUTS: David Raikuna (North Harbour), Jono Owen (Australia), Tana Umaga (Injury)
    Hawke's Bay - INS: Hikairo Forbes (Waikato), Tu Umaga-Marshall (Canterbury), Sona Taumololo (Injured for 2010) OUTS: Ross Kennedy, Clint Newland (South Africa), Dan Kirkpatrick (Unattached), Luke Rooney (Australia), Jason Shoemark (England)
    Manawatu - INS: Reuben Leilua, Dan Kelly (Australia), David Te Moana (Wellington), Nehi Milner-Skudder (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Rugby League) OUTS: Josh Bradnock, Shannon Paku (Retired ), Hadleigh Parkes (Auckland), Sean O'Connor, Shane Kingsland (England)
    North Harbour - INS: Luke Devcich (Italy), Brenton Helleur (Auckland), David Raikuna (Counties), Sam Tuia, Willie Walker, Brent Wilson (England), Rudi Wulf (France) OUTS: Tom Chamberlain, Grayson Hart, Mike Harris (France), Jack McPhee (Northland)
    Northland - INS: Jack McPhee (North Harbour), Ash Moeke, Wayne Ngaluafe, Bryce Heem (Auckland), Marty Veale (England), Bryce Williams (France) OUTS: David Holwell (Retired ), Dean Budd (Japan), Bronson Murray (BoP), Pat O'Connor (France)
    Otago - INS: Ben Atiga (Auckland), Tony Brown (Japan), James McGougan (BoP), Daniel Ramsey, Buxton Popoali'i, TJ Ioane (Wellington) OUTS: Chris Noakes (BoP), Alando Soakai, Hayden Triggs (Japan), Fetu'u Vainikolo (Auckland)
    Tasman - INS: Mark Bright (England), Andrew Goodman (Japan) OUTS: Chris Jack (Japan), Kade Poki (Unattached), Afeleke Pelenise (Japan), Poutasi Luafutu (France)
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Up for a tipping league. I'm predicting Otago to not come last in the Championship - that's our goal this year.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Shortened competition this year but still something to look forward to in the build up to the World Cup. Nice to see the likes of Holah, Wulf and Tony Brown back in the competition. Keen for a tipping competition or if you'd like to set one up on Superbru Heath, I'd be happy to enter that.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I'd be up for either.

Will be entering Super Bru's comp in any event. Have HDS to thank/blame for introducing me to the site in a previous year's comp.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    I don't know what Superbru is - but I am happy to participate in either.

Best Wishes

Hurricane
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

For those wanting to join the Superbru pool:

Come join my ITM Cup (NPC) prediction game on SuperBru! It's free and loads of fun. Just click here:

SuperBru - Free ITM Cup (NPC) 2011 virtual rugby prediction game

Pool name: CricketWeb/Cricsim NPC Pool
    Pool code: willhope

Hurricane - Superbru is a tipping website. Each week, you need to pick the winning team and margin for each game, and the website tallies up your points etc. I'll invite some guys from Cricsim too as there's some interest over there and the more people in the pool, the merrier I reckon.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Going through Heath's guide and the Rugby News programme, its quite noticeable how many high quality NZ players have gone from last year's competition to play in Japan. You could have a NZ-grown Japanese side of something like Delany, Anesi, Sweeney, Mather, Pelenise, Brett/Fili, (halfback), So'oialo, Soakai, Setephano, Jack, Ross/Triggs, (front row). Obviously a front row short of a useful team but otherwise thats a decent side.

like the colours for the team names Heath

Also more excited the good guys are getting Marty Holah

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    You could have a NZ-grown Japanese side of something like Delany, Anesi, Sweeney, Mather, Pelenise, Brett/Fili, (halfback), So'oialo, Soakai, Setephano, Jack, Ross/Triggs, (front row). Obviously a front row short of a useful team but otherwise thats a decent side.
    Crazy really, the quality of some of these players going to Japan. Good to see Andrew Goodman coming in the opposite direction. Should drastically improve Tasman's chances.

Heef - Starts this weekend doesn't it - let me know if we are proceeding with this ie do we have enough sign ups - when we should start making predictions etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Heef - Starts this weekend doesn't it - let me know if we are proceeding with this ie do we have enough sign ups - when we should start making predictions etc etc etc
    The Superbru pool's all ready to go, so you can make your picks there. I reckon we should go ahead with the standard picking tournament in here too. The only issue is that this year, there's pretty much NO break between game weeks. I think Tuesdays are the only day off, so people will have to be well on top of their picks. If you're keen, make your picks now.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    A first round list of matches may help in the submitting of tips on the forum.

Jus sayin
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    A first round list of matches may help in the submitting of tips on the forum.

Jus sayin
    with dates -

Otago v North Harbour
    Dunedin, Thur 14 Jul

You picked
    Otago by 7
    View community expectation >
    Southland v Waikato
    Invercargill, Fri 15 Jul

You picked
    Waikato by 3
    Manawatu v Hawke's Bay
    Palmerston North, Sat 16 Jul

You picked
    Hawke's Bay by 3
    Northland v Tasman
    Whangarei, Sat 16 Jul

You picked
    Northland by 12
    Taranaki v Wellington
    New Plymouth, Sat 16 Jul

You picked
    Wellington by 10
    Auckland v Canterbury
    Auckland, Sun 17 Jul

You picked
    Canterbury by 12
    Counties Manukau v Bay of Plenty
    Pukekohe, Sun 17 Jul

You picked
    Bay of Plenty by 10
    My SuperBru picks - no research behind them

Otago v North Harbour
    Southland v Waikato
    Manawatu v Hawke's Bay
    Northland v Tasman
    Taranaki v Wellington
    Auckland v Canterbury
    Counties Manukau v Bay of Plenty

A bit of a stab in the dark at this time of the season. Could easily have gone the other way on most of 'em.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information