Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de France 2011 Thread

International 12th Man weeman27bob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Yeah, would guess that Boassan-Haagen will become the team leader.

I take it they dropped back to see if they needed to help Wiggo back to the Peloton?
    They're both about 1 minute 45 back from the Peleton from what I've gathered.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Ah right, well they'll be out of it now for the stage. Hopefully Cavo can get a stage win then..
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Curveball Champion!
    Haha incredible stuff from HTC Columbia, it's like a ****ing TTT here, all 9 at the front. Great work.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Yeah, would guess that Boassan-Haagen will become the team leader.

I take it they dropped back to see if they needed to help Wiggo back to the Peloton?
    That is a very good point!

Dutch commentators got slightly enthousiastic when they figured out that both Thomas and BH were in the 2nd peloton, as it meant that Robert Gesink would hold they White Jersey. But they never even tried tried to figure out if the two of them were simply behind the break in the peloton, or possibly were waiting for their #1.

However, it should be said that the usual tactic is to get on, and fall back later, if there is any need to. Also, Wiggans was alone during the moments of decision to get on the bike again. At one point he really tried to get on his bike again! Whereas any half-experienced cycling fan could tell you with the certainty of a professional medical doctor he had a broken shoulder bone (clavicle, I had to look that up.....).

Too bad, he looked very very good.

Anyway, The Tour waits for no one! Impressive job by the HTC team and a good finish by Cavendish

There's the potential for it to be a very interesting stage tomorrow, what with the hills towards the end. Expecting a relatively large shakeup in GC. Surley Hushovd can't pull this off?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
    Dutch commentators got slightly enthousiastic when they figured out that both Thomas and BH were in the 2nd peloton, as it meant that Robert Gesink would hold they White Jersey. But they never even tried tried to figure out if the two of them were simply behind the break in the peloton, or possibly were waiting for their #1.
    This is why I watch sporza

(currently on vacation in a Drent village)

oh yeah, congrats to Cav etc. Would also like to thank Ben Swift for being completely useless.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Curveball Champion!
    WTF Hakon it's his first tour and he's 23.

Smashing effort from Hushovd, great stuff to see a sprinter stick it to all of the GC riders and hold onto the yellow jersey. Should be interesting to see how long he can keep it up, has hardly looked troubled by the mountains so far.

Another great effort from Rui Costa, alway nice to see someone win a stage after leading it for 185km,

I reckon tomorrow must be the stage in which Hushovd can't stay in touch anymore. He must be shattered!

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman27bob View Post
    Interesting to see where Thomas/Boasson Hagen end up today, they could be fairly far back and who becomes the team leader.
    They won't have a team leader going for the GC. I imagine a few will look at breakaway stages (like Flecha today - wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get one) and then work as a team for EBH in the sprints.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    the breakway just got run over
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Poor Hoogaland went from top to bottom because of some random idiot in a TV car. Probably wont even get to where the polka dot jersey.

Well, Johnny Hoogerland made it!

But what a freak day! Van den Broeck, Vinokourov, Zabrisky, Willems... all out with broken bones. And then this lunatic taking out Flecha and Hoogerland, the latter ending up as a rolled roast in the barbed wire....

Just saw Johnny at the price ceremony...... In pain and in tears.

NOS Sport - Auto rijdt Johnny prikkeldraad in

Dutch commentary, but who cares......

Curveball Champion!
    Can't believe how old Vinokourov is, thought he was much, much younger than 37.

Curveball Champion!
    Just seen the video of what happened today. Am very angry.

The Tour is hard enough as it is without some ****head driver pissing about on the road and knocking people into barbed wire fences. Disgraceful stuff, hopefully he'll get sued by the teams, felt so bad for Hoogerland.

Hoogerland himself was pretty mild, stating that the driver probably did not do this on purpose...

As bad as it is, it does have a side to it. Johnny Hoogerland has been lifted to hero status!

That's what your arse looks like after being smashed into barbed wire at 35 mph:

And that's your face when you HAVE to get to the pricing ceremony first, before you can get to a hospital to get 33 !!! stiches.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information