• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France 2011 Thread

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Preview may come soon. I dunno know. But Contador's had a crash and is 40secs behind the main group which has all the main contenders in it

Spikey

Cadel finishes 2nd in the stage! ITSTL

edit talk Andy Schleck finished with Contador. They finished 1:20 behind Cadel

Last edited:

Spikey

It's farcical it hasn't been sorted out yet, but not so he's actually there.

Stunning ride by Cadel's team. Perfect pretty much. Lost the TT by 4 seconds but Cadel had a 3 second lead over everyone else, so he's behind the yellow by a sec, but not having to defend it.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Blerghhhh, no way I can watch it this year. :( Get to see a decent half hour before bed though, so relaxing.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Blerghhhh, no way I can watch it this year. :( Get to see a decent half hour before bed though, so relaxing.
Half hour of racing on mainly just watching Gabriel Gaté?

It's been an awesome start so far (Go Cadel!), today's stage is definitely going to be one for the sprinters.

Stapel

International Regular
Gooooooooooooooooooood! A tour thread!

today's stage is definitely going to be one for the sprinters.
Good thing of Le Tour is that the word defenite is not applicable :) .

But yeah, big chance of a mass spurt and thus a Cavendish win. 10 km to go. The only tricky thing is a small climb at 2km from the line. Nothing too troublesome, but it could break the group. But if that happens, it shoudl be considered mistake by the sprinter's teams.

Stapel

International Regular
Gooooooooooooooooooood! A tour thread!

Good thing of Le Tour is that the word defenite is not applicable :) .

But yeah, big chance of a mass spurt and thus a Cavendish win. 10 km to go. The only tricky thing is a small climb at 2km from the line. Nothing too troublesome, but it could break the group. But if that happens, it should be considered mistake by the sprinter's teams.
Ha!

Actually, the last climb did disturb Cavendish' team mates sprint preparations! But Team Garmin did right. Good team work that!

Anyway, not too many cycling fans here, I guess?

weeman27bob

International Regular
I wouldn't call myself a cycling fan, but I'm always interested in the TdF. Mountain stages are much more fun though.

Stapel

International Regular
I wouldn't call myself a cycling fan, but I'm always interested in the TdF. Mountain stages are much more fun though.
Sure they are!

Yet, what we see in NL (and Belgium, France, Spain and Italy), is a massive build-up towards the TdF. It drags people into it! There is no escaping the TdF these days in NL, even before it gets really interesting.

Same difference with cricket I guess. An enormous cricket event, like NL beating England at a WC, could go fully unnoticed to most Dutchmen......

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'm a big fan but I don't generally get too involved and watch the live stages until it gets a bit more interesting. Will always watch the condensed highights on ITV2 (for British viewers). Absolutely love the mountain stages, always makes me want to get out and go on my bike.

Stapel

International Regular
Well, you guys will have to wait until next week's thursday then! Soem very interesting stages coming weekend, but the real deal is not there before 14 July.

Todays stage is again supposed to be won by Philippe Gilbert. However, the 5 escapees of today might have a better chance than yesterday's. It's pooring down at the moment at eh finish line!