• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France 2011 Thread

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Also need to complement Voeckler on a massive TT, smashing effort from someone who obviously isn't built for a TT.

Same for Contador as well, there may be question marks surrounding him, but he was very impressive this tour, mentally wise. Find it hard not to like him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, some of the quotes from Contador after his performance on Friday were epic. Truly inspirational stuff.

Awesome from Cadel.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am jumping on the bandwagon as I didn't watch a single minute of the Tour, but fantastic effort from Cadel Evans and it's great to see him finally get the win he so richly deserves. Performed exceptionally well under the extreme pressure of chasing down the leaders, and perhaps moreso from knowing he had the opportunity to deliver Australians a much needed extra public holiday.

I reckon, if we do get a public holiday out of this, we should all don yellow jerseys for the day in celebration.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australian of the year IMO - Just a truly awesome performance by Cadel. I had my doubts all along considering his overall performance last year, I just didn't think he would be able to handle the extra bursts of speed on the high gradients in the Alps.

He deserves to wear yellow and win the tour.

Just on the last stage, can someone still overtake Cavendish for Green? Would Cavendish still be drinking a glass of champagne at the start of the final stage (as is tradition) if he hasn't secured that jersey?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
let's wait until the drug tests come back....

Yes Cav could still lose it. Stuey O'Grady lost it on the last stage, but given how Cav has won at the Champs-Élysées the last two times I think it's safe to say he'll be fine pending something stunning

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Anyone following the Vuelta? Looks a particularly sadistic profile this year - people burning out and even big favourites cracking on the first climb - could be a hell of a retirement count by the time we get to the Angliru, never mind Madrid.

I can't see anyone having the legs to win this after a full Tour - so Nibali and Wiggins by that logic ought to be there on that count - but these hills could do anything.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
^ Looking a decent call right now with Brad in Red and Nibali third.

This must be the first time we've had a British one-two at any stage in a Grand Tour.