• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best sportsman under 25

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta be Bolt or Nadal based on achievements in their sports so far.

McIlroy has oodles of potential, but the golfing media where saying exactly the same thing about Woods destroying Nicklaus's record of majors and he's still short and looking like he's definitely peaked, so it's too early to have him at the same level.

Messi needs to have a good World Cup too. Retain the opinion he's a front foot player; not sure he'd be much use in a less great team than Barca.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Usain Bolt is my choice. At 24 years of age it is staggering his achievements. World record holder in both the 100 metre and 200 metre. Olympic champion in both the 100 metre and 200 metre. World Champion in both the 100 metre and 200 metre. Simply the most complete record in a very tough and competitive sport.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's difficult in motorsport IMO. Whack him in a slower car and see how he'd go.

Not doubting his talent I should say, but there's so many variables in that sport. I'm golf, tennis or whatever, the cutting edge technology is available to everyone. That's not always so in motorsport.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It's difficult in motorsport IMO. Whack him in a slower car and see how he'd go.

Not doubting his talent I should say, but there's so many variables in that sport. I'm golf, tennis or whatever, the cutting edge technology is available to everyone. That's not always so in motorsport.
True enough. :) Though he did coax a set of results from the Torro Rosso a few years ago that none of the other drivers of that team are anywhere near.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I don't doubt his talent, not that I really watch Formula One.

If I want to see a lot of expensive vehicles not overtaking each other, I'll go and stand on the Spit Hill at Mosman during peak hour.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
True enough. :) Though he did coax a set of results from the Torro Rosso a few years ago that none of the other drivers of that team are anywhere near.
Dont doubt his talent but it was only a few races ago where he won his first race whilst having to pass someone :laugh:

BTW, it's widely recognised that one of the best drivers in the world (Webber) didnt rank in the top 6 in Australia when he got his chance in Formula 1 but the other guys didnt have sponsorship money behind them

Anyway, Bolt by the length of a straight