• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must be the only Arsenal fan not excited by this Gervinho guy signing for us? Seriously, he has Adebayor written all over him. Just can't shake the feeling.h
He's a good player from what I've seen but would've much rather we went after Hazard but seeing as he'd cost more than £20m there's more chance of us signing me.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Like Cesc for a discount fee? Heh, meanwhile no-one will touch Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner or Rosicky with barge poles. Need to replace three starters and beef up the defence quickly with the CL qualifiers and a brutal fixture list in August. Think this is the season where the matchday fans turn nasty, we're not finishing top 4.h
Unless I've missed something, Cesc will cost Barcelona at least £30m. You think that's a discount rate? That's more than Real Madrid pid for Mesut Ozil and Nuri Sahin combined, and more than double what Inter shelled out for Sneijder.

Jarquis

Unless I've missed something, Cesc will cost Barcelona at least £30m. You think that's a discount rate? That's more than Real Madrid pid for Mesut Ozil and Nuri Sahin combined, and more than double what Inter shelled out for Sneijder.
And less than Andy Carrol..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't really compare with English players though. Their value is always inflated.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can't really compare with English players though. Their value is always inflated.
Transfers within the same league tend to be inflated as well, there's no chance Man Utd would be paying the same price as Barcelona might.

Anyway, Real Madrid allegedly have a £45m bid in for him, which is interesting.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Less than is being touted for Neymar and Alexis Sanchez.
Barcelona know he wants to move and are trying to get him as cheaply as possible.

Neymar has a €45m release clause, Santos don't want to sell him and Neymar isn't agitating for a move.

Jarquis

Barcelona know he wants to move and are trying to get him as cheaply as possible.

Neymar has a €45m release clause, Santos don't want to sell him and Neymar isn't agitating for a move.
Ergo, there are extenuating circumstances surrounding the Cesc deal meaning Barcelona are getting him for a discount rate...

Mehul K

Cricket Spectator
Im so conflicted. You refer to Man U as 'we' and your location probably means you support India in cricket...but you have Noel Gallagher in your avatar....

Welcome to CW :dry:
1) Most fans refer to the club they support as we...
2) Cricket is probably my second favourite sport behind football to be honest with you. I have United above the Indian cricket team.
3) Oasis is my favourite band of all time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
1) Most fans refer to the club they support as we...
2) Cricket is probably my second favourite sport behind football to be honest with you. I have United above the Indian cricket team.
3) Oasis is my favourite band of all time.
Yeah...Man U and India are probably my least favourite sporting teams but I share your love for Oasis :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah the only English club believed to be bidding or whatever is West Ham

Bayern seems like a done deal from what Parry has said. Just trying to thrash out how much we get up front and how much goes on appearances etc.

Fair to say he'll be playing for Bayern 2 for a while though; his best position is probably wide left, and I can't see him getting past Robben or Ribery just yet. :p

Just hope he does well in the long term if he goes there. Honestly think he's a future England player.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah the only English club believed to be bidding or whatever is West Ham

Bayern seems like a done deal from what Parry has said. Just trying to thrash out how much we get up front and how much goes on appearances etc.

Fair to say he'll be playing for Bayern 2 for a while though; his best position is probably wide left, and I can't see him getting past Robben or Ribery just yet. :p

Just hope he does well in the long term if he goes there. Honestly think he's a future England player.
What's the fee?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
About £1.5-7m, but the stumbling block is how much we get up front

Half a million is enough to build a top 6 side in League One and that seems to be the minimum we'll get up front but I personally think he's worth a bit more; that being said, he's out of contract next summer and although wed get a tribunal fee if he went to an English club, we wouldn't if he went anywhere else, and we wouldn't even get half a million from a tribunal anyway. So it's a good deal.