• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's getting a bit embarrassing how much better Phil Jones is than the rest of our team. I think we might be taking the 1-0 love a little too far, these performances seem to get more painful every week. Take it though. Still not conceded since Citeh.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's getting a bit embarrassing how much better Phil Jones is than the rest of our team. I think we might be taking the 1-0 love a little too far, these performances seem to get more painful every week. Take it though. Still not conceded since Citeh.
Oh good more Phil Jones hagiography, not enough of that around, umm where was he when Sinclair should have scored?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Reckon he's a better midfielder than anything else tbh, whenever I see him the one thing that always stands out is his movement.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Jones might be promising but he's becoming pretty embarrassingly overrated in certain quarters.
Very good comment, I actually think in a few years he'll be quality, I certainly don't want to look like I'm doing a Scaly-type-Henry-campaign against him. Yet he seems ridiculously over-hyped, anyone who can think he had a better match than Vidic yesterday, needs to take a good hard look at themselves.

cpr

International Coach
I was quite sceptial when we spent £16m on him, happy to eat my words.

Still needs to mature, sometimes the final ball is missing going forwards, sometimes the brain-fart moments are there in defence. A bit like Ferdinand was in a way - very good with the ball at his feet, can bring it out of defence, but can have the shaky moments too.

What I'm really liking is you can start to see Fergies next wave in defence shaping up. Jones and Smalling in the centre, with the twins either side and De Gea behind. Yes its not what I'd want to see lining up next week, but you'd easily say all of them could spend the next decade at the top, and gelling together it could well be formidable.

Next stop, sorting that midfield out.....

Uppercut

I was quite sceptial when we spent £16m on him, happy to eat my words.

Still needs to mature, sometimes the final ball is missing going forwards, sometimes the brain-fart moments are there in defence. A bit like Ferdinand was in a way - very good with the ball at his feet, can bring it out of defence, but can have the shaky moments too.
Hmm, everyone's talking about his ability to take the ball out of defence but I'd say his strength in the challenge is his defining feature. He wins the ball about as often as the other three defenders combined, a 50-50 is a 90-10 when Jones is involved. It really stands out in a team that still isn't putting enough pressure on the ball in their own half.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So Dalglish spends £74m on Carroll, Downing and Henderson and then doesn't deem them good enough for his starting XI. Brilliant.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, John Terry you absolute ****. What the hell was he doing there?

As much as I hate Liverpool, seeing that dumpling sat on his arse having ****ed up is always a gratifying sight.

Uppercut

Great game. Chelsea-Liverpool used to be a must-miss, now it's something to look forward to. Such a fun season, every one of the top six teams play with a properly attacking mindset.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Villas-Boas on borrowed time now. Hiddink looking for a new gig and all.

His appointment was a punt at best and now looks a complete white elephant. What was the compensation they paid? £11.5m?