• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol. I love how much it must suck to hate us.
Was pretty fun the last time you played at Wembley, oh and the time before that :)

Anyway score goals like that every match and I don't think I could hate them (well not quite so much anyway)

duffer

Think we'll finish up like this as things stand:

1.United
2.City
3.Chelsea
4.Arsenal
5.Liverpool
6.Spurs

Still question marks over Liverpools new signings and how they handle pressure, Villas-Boas and don't think City's squad is balanced enough to win it all. **** Spurs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't think United will win the league, based purely on the fact that four in a row is a massive ask. Like chasing 500 in the 4th dig. Suppose records are there to be broken, we'll see. I don't really know.

Er I mean I stand by my statement that they will go down :ph34r:

duffer

More by default as I don't think anyone else is really improving that much and the gap between them and City is still sizeable.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah and the fact that Chelsea won it the season before means my post makes no ****ing sense. Jesus. A week off work does wonders for making you feel like **** when you do have to get up. I'm blaming that.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Breaking news on Sky News...

"Arsene Wenger seen looting in Tottenham, reports say he is trying to find some silverware."

duffer

Also the Lukaku signing is worrying. He won't play a lot for now but he gets to train and learn from Drogba, Anelka and Torres. This guy is a beast, will terrorise our defenders for a long long time.

duffer

I rate Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny and Djourou. Just Squillachi and Traore are bad. Really bad. Honestly need to seel Squillachi and give Miquel a chance if we don't sign a defender. At least he has promise.

Jarquis

We can't honestly go into the season with Gibbs/Traore as our LBs can we?
Or are we going to make our best CB play there instead?
Great.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
So there's a while then really. Wouldn't mind seeing a defensive/wide man/striker signing for us before then.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
August deadline day is loadsa fun tbh, always one of them 'no work today' days in work

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, deadline day rules. Stay up all night streaming the Beeb and refreshing their deadline day page and bluemoon transfer forum. Last years one was balls though, hopefully this is better.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I was online here in the January Transfer Window. If this one is anywhere near as exciting, I will explode.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
IIRC I stayed up the whole night for that one to make sure Greenacre didn't leave (it had been strongly rumoured, I wasn't just being completely neurotic)

Three weeks later he scored his last goals for us. Away to Peterboring, beautiful goals and I was so drunk. What a beautiful man.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Best window ever was January 2005. Sky Sports News breaking news ticker turning yellow and announcing Barry Ferguson had re-signed for Rangers was epic.

Last year's January deadline was a good laugh though. 8pm or so, Sky interview Harry Redknapp in his car leaving the training ground - "nah, no more business for me, too late to get any deals done I'm afraid." 10:45pm - Sky understands that Tottenham have had a bid accepted for Charlie Adam.