• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

cover drive man

International Captain
Lovely equaliser for Manure there.

Also, Gary Neville said before the game Liverpool are one of the big contenders for this year's title :huh: He's got more faith than me and he's not even a Liverpool fan!...

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Quality goal for the equaliser from the Rags, and tbf they probably shaded it and deserved the win overall. They looked fitter, we were looking a little sluggish, but was an excellent workout for both sides. Gutted we didn't get to see Aguero in a blue shirt, let's hope with another week's training he'll be fine to face Swansea next Monday.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Notice how Gael Clichy **** his pants and didn't deal with the clearance that led to the 3rd goal?

Thank god we got shot of the useless bastard.

Woodster

International Captain
Notice how Gael Clichy **** his pants and didn't deal with the clearance that led to the 3rd goal?

Thank god we got shot of the useless bastard.
It was Kompany that unusually ballsed up for the third goal, very unlike him, but rather he do it in a friendly than next Monday!

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Quality goal for the equaliser from the Rags, and tbf they probably shaded it and deserved the win overall. They looked fitter, we were looking a little sluggish, but was an excellent workout for both sides. Gutted we didn't get to see Aguero in a blue shirt, let's hope with another week's training he'll be fine to face Swansea next Monday.
United "edged" it? Apart from the last ten minutes of the first half we could barely string three passes together! We looked so terrible in that second half.

Thought Mancini managed terribly today. Poor substitutions that weren't needed and refused to change the game when we were crying out for it. wtf are you changing Kolarov and Clichy mid-game for you muppet. And while I'm on this topic, **** Clichy. The **** is useless and I've said it all along. Worst bit of business Mancini has done that didn't include a relative.

In the end the game doesn't mean anything to me so I didn't care when we got done and quite enjoyed my night. It's a shame that second United goal wasn't in a Prem game, it would've already won goal of the year.

Woodster

International Captain
United "edged" it? Apart from the last ten minutes of the first half we could barely string three passes together! We looked so terrible in that second half.

Thought Mancini managed terribly today. Poor substitutions that weren't needed and refused to change the game when we were crying out for it. wtf are you changing Kolarov and Clichy mid-game for you muppet. And while I'm on this topic, **** Clichy. The **** is useless and I've said it all along. Worst bit of business Mancini has done that didn't include a relative.

In the end the game doesn't mean anything to me so I didn't care when we got done and quite enjoyed my night. It's a shame that second United goal wasn't in a Prem game, it would've already won goal of the year.
Yes it would have been a nice game to win, but essentially it was another chance for the players to get more minutes under their belts and get sharper for Swansea in just over a weeks time. Think you answered your own questions in your last paragraph, it means nothing to you, and while it will obviously mean more to Mancini and co, it was a glorified friendly, he may have wanted to have a look at how Clichy might fit in alongside the other three, though would have give him much more time. Don't get the Clichy hate, think he's the ideal type of pacy, attacking left-back that we need.

Changes are also made for those that are not near full fitness yet. It was a worthwhile workout, yet one I'd still have liked to win!

Regards the 'United edged it', I may have been a little generous on us, but you've got to allow for some bias, even in friendlies!

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Two sodding hours of wedding prep with the vicar and I miss what sounds like the most entertaining Charity Shield (yeah, I still call it that) in years. ****ing weddings. :ph34r:

Always nicer to win than to lose, but the season starts next weekend.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I appreciate that, but Kompany should have taken everything out in that position, and you can usually rely on him to do so. Like I say, a rare error of judgement on his behalf.
Clichy threw Kompany down the river there i felt.

Clichy was the closest to the ball and was going towards it and then just decided to walk away from it:laugh:

Kompany should have stayed deeper and Clichy should have come across and taken man or ball or whatever he could get.
But when he didn't Kompany obviously should have dealt with it better but Clichy was more at fault initially.

cpr

International Coach
I think the fault lies with Mancini for playing Kompany out of position in defence and Glichy out of position on a football pitch

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Clichy threw Kompany down the river there i felt.

Clichy was the closest to the ball and was going towards it and then just decided to walk away from it:laugh:

Kompany should have stayed deeper and Clichy should have come across and taken man or ball or whatever he could get.
But when he didn't Kompany obviously should have dealt with it better but Clichy was more at fault initially.
Yeah, this.

Had Clichy done his job properly Kompany's only job would have been to launch the ball back into Man Utd's box.