• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help Nnanden watch the Premier League

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I don't know how it works on Sky Sports, but this year Fox Sports have a poll to decide which games will be shown live.

Imo, the only games that really matter are -

Man United vs Blackpool
Stoke vs Wigan
Tottenham vs Birmingham
Wolves vs Blackburn

It would be great if you could vote for one of these, and post what you voted for in here, so I can watch the relegation battle unfold, and not another match which is relatively meaningless.

Ta. :)

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Without wanting to spam (too much...), I've already voted and can see the results, so I'll keep updates on what's trending. Stoke vs Wigan in particular needing a vote or two at present.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To sort of answer the OP, Sky are showing three games. The one they are definitely showing is Man U V Blackpool, they hadn't announced the other two on Sunday - might have done by now.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor Travis. Owned himself pretty hard.

Voted Blackburn/Wolves for obvious reasons. The comments were pretty much unanimous that the relegation battles should be the ones that are shown, so I would be surprised if any of the important games are missed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't understand why Sky don't give us all ten on the red button.

We sometimes get I think 8 in a night in the CL, after all.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I don't understand why Sky don't give us all ten on the red button.

We sometimes get I think 8 in a night in the CL, after all.
Maybe live broadcast facilities? Sky would only have to find comms for the CL games as the non-uk ones would be covered by other companies, they'd have to cover all 10 games themselves in this case. The cameras etc used for highlights etc wouldn't be sufficient for match coverage. I'm sure they will show any goals from the other games.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, true.

I suppose there's no point showing midtable clashes etc that will affect nothing.

And there may be contractual reasons as well, thinking about it.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
No red button facilities?

EDIT: or just not enough to cover every game?
What Jono said. :)

Thanks heaps to all who have voted. Voting closes on Friday. At the moment it looks like all the big teams' matches are being shown, which sucks a bit at this stage of the season. Would quite like to watch Spurs vs Birmingham and Stoke vs Wigan.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Thanks again to the people who voted. With around 15 hours left, the standings are -

1) Man United vs Blackpool (14.79%)
2) Tottenham vs Birmingham (13.80%)
3) Aston Villa vs Liverpool (13.73%)
4) Bolton vs Man City (12.94%)
5) Wolves vs Blackburn (10.88%)

So we'll be missing out on Stoke vs Wigan, but otherwise, a good result. C'mon Tangerines!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm as Red as they come, but surely football comes first. I'll be watching the relegation battles with intent.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It doesn't matter mate, tomorrow is the rapture apparently.

We're all gonna die.