• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm a bit late, but don't believe that the new Mania card was a work.

Think they were genuinely shocked by the negative reaction and smartly decided to pivot.

Rock cakes across slimy AF in all of this and tarnished his legacy, especially paired with his daughters promotion and the Fast and Furious and Black Adam cluster****s.

His ego knows no bounds apparently.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Some people are now seriously talking about it being Rock Vs Austin (acting as a proxy for HHH).

I can't deny that the thought of this makes me a little excited. But in reality this is an absolutely terrible idea.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Some people are now seriously talking about it being Rock Vs Austin (acting as a proxy for HHH).

I can't deny that the thought of this makes me a little excited. But in reality this is an absolutely terrible idea.
this would have been so cool…15ish years ago. I’ll be interested to see if the Rock even gets in the ring tbh - he’s a large boy and is in no cardio shape to go in any sort of decent way tbh

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
this would have been so cool…15ish years ago. I’ll be interested to see if the Rock even gets in the ring tbh - he’s a large boy and is in no cardio shape to go in any sort of decent way tbh
That's another advantage of their rushed pivot and aligning him with Roman - sets up the possibility for him to appear in a tag match rather than singles. Would probably make for a better match if Roman can carry the work and Rock can rest up on the apron in between spots.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Rock will definitely wrestle again in some capacity imo.

The most obvious way forward would have been him and Reigns vs Cody and Seth, but I doubt they would do this at WM as it would either require Roman (and probably Seth) doing double duty, which I doubt they would want, or doing the match in Aus, which won't be possible as Seth won't be fit to go (and may not be compatible with Rock's schedule either).

Triple threat match would be another option, but this would be lame imo, and not really work narratively now that Rock appears to have turned heel/sided with Roman.

Looks like the obvious way forward now is a Rock/HHH power struggle storyline, culminating in a match at WM (though obviously HHH would need to be represented by a proxy). The glass shattering and Austin walking out when HHH announces his representative would be completely awesome tbh, ngl. But yeah the match would be...unideal. A more likely, and ultimately much better option, would be Orton imo. Bloke has a history with HHH, and Rock vs Orton has never been done. So I would be ok with that.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyway, whatever happens, Rock is clearly getting involved in the Roman/Cody match somehow. Probably to turn on Roman somehow and turn Roman face I would guess. Which would then set up a long-term battle to be Tribal Chief storyline.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year

Horrible..... Like please don't even give them any ideas, lol

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Rock will definitely wrestle again in some capacity imo.

The most obvious way forward would have been him and Reigns vs Cody and Seth, but I doubt they would do this at WM as it would either require Roman (and probably Seth) doing double duty, which I doubt they would want, or doing the match in Aus, which won't be possible as Seth won't be fit to go (and may not be compatible with Rock's schedule either).

Triple threat match would be another option, but this would be lame imo, and not really work narratively now that Rock appears to have turned heel/sided with Roman.

Looks like the obvious way forward now is a Rock/HHH power struggle storyline, culminating in a match at WM (though obviously HHH would need to be represented by a proxy). The glass shattering and Austin walking out when HHH announces his representative would be completely awesome tbh, ngl. But yeah the match would be...unideal. A more likely, and ultimately much better option, would be Orton imo. Bloke has a history with HHH, and Rock vs Orton has never been done. So I would be ok with that.
Heard the tag match is almost a lock for night 1 of WrestleMania, but meh..... Don't see how that benefits anything other than Dwayne's ego. He's not anywhere near decent shape at this point.

Would be better to have the tag match in Australia, but again, Rock isn't in shape. Plus Rhea should be the main event down under.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Heard the tag match is almost a lock for night 1 of WrestleMania, but meh..... Don't see how that benefits anything other than Dwayne's ego. He's not anywhere near decent shape at this point.

Would be better to have the tag match in Australia, but again, Rock isn't in shape. Plus Rhea should be the main event down under.
I hope it's not tbh. Just doesn't make any sense. Like why would Seth want to be involved in such a match at all? Plus you have to beat someone/one team ahead of (presumably) another match on Night 2 that actually matters, which would be dumb.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I honestly wont mind a Rock V Austin brawl but I also would love to see some random surprise appearance like a Goldust to take out The Rock without having an actual wrestlling match.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope it's not tbh. Just doesn't make any sense. Like why would Seth want to be involved in such a match at all? Plus you have to beat someone/one team ahead of (presumably) another match on Night 2 that actually matters, which would be dumb.
It's in his contract for a Mania match, he's going to get a marque matchup. This is the only one available

Athlai

Not Terrible
Both results will work towards stories tbf

Bloodline win Night 1 (by cheating) - big outrage and people will be even more behind Cody Night 2, particularly when the shenanigans occur

Bloodline lose Night 1 (by dissension between Rock and Roman) - next years Mania main event, possibly even night 2 implications with Rock stopping Solo from cheating on Roman's behalf etc.

And while it sucks for Rollins. Is Rollins vs McIntyre a bigger match than that tag? Punk was

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah if they go with it I think the Bloodline lose scenario you've set out above if what will happen. In fact I think we'll get more or less that outcome regardless tbh.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Peak Hollywood Rock is one of the all time great heels and while last nights promo was not quite iconic, nonetheless so much to like about it.

No idea how this will play out, but safe to say its going to do insane business at least!