• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Kraken

International 12th Man
Meltzer now reporting that the decision to go with Rock v Roman was actually made before they went ahead with Cody winning the Rumble, which makes the whole thing seem even more brain-dead.
part of me wonders whether they were going to have Punk win, and changed that on the fly due to Punk knowing he was ****ed

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If they're serious about trying to make Jey a singles guy then beating Gunther would be a great way to do it tbh.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Oh I agree 100%. If Jey vs Jimmy is their plan though, don’t think it necessarily needs the IC title involved

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jey beating Gunther sounds pretty good. Worried he may throw it away but hopefully hes in a better space now.

Wonder if the tag titles will matter again by mania

Athlai

Not Terrible
I wonder if they will end up trying to appease fans by having Roman work both nights of Mania. Rock vs Roman Night 1, Cody vs Winner (Roman) Night 2

It's a shame CM Punk is injured because it'd be so fricken funny for him to be in the world title match on a 2 day Mania and not main event either one

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wonder if the tag titles will matter again by mania
Just realised it'll likely be Awesome Truth vs Priest & Balor

Reigns/Rock
Rollins/Cody (Drew?)
Io/Bayley
Becky/Rhea
Logan Paul/LA Knight (or maybe still KO)
Jey/Gunther (Imperium vs New Day interference)
Miz + R-Truth / Judgement Day
Cargill/Belair (Jax?)

Battle Royale that the person not in the above match wins
Battle Royale for Bobby Lashley to do something

Likely:
Orton singles match vs someone like AJ/LA Knight/KO
DIY probably get something, maybe the tag will be multiple teams
Rey + LWO vs enemies
Sami Zayn surely gets something, Andrade too

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man, Cody Vs someone for the WWE title
Rollins Vs someone from the WHC Title
Rock Vs Reigns
Austin Vs Punk
Orton Vs Cena

would have just been such an awesome lineup to build around.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Orton vs Cena seems pretty pointless

Unless Cena is around for a Hoganesque run of a year or two, then it's ground that doesn't need to be tread again. If he's around for a one-off, I'd much rather it's him giving someone a platform and then putting them over. There are a few babyfaces that would get cheered over him (by a mania crowd) like Sami Zayn. Hell you could go further down the card for the real darkhorse guys like Chad Gable/Xavier Woods or even just let Dom Mysterio sell for him, steal a win and then gloat

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont know if CM Punk could carry Austin to a match physically anymore. KO is still a healthy regular wrestler /brawler. Punk ain't that guy
Fair enough but for me nostalgia pop matches dont need to be some sort of wrestling clinic. A simple hardcore brawl is more than good enough as long as they can tell a story within that.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ironically I think at this stage I'd almost be worried more about Punk being able to hold up a match than Austin. Seems to be made of glass. Three major injuries (one of which is recurring) in the space of 1-2 years for a 45 year old dude who has spent most of the last ten years not wrestling at all is not a particularly promising sign for him moving forward. I'd be surprised if the E trust him with another championship programme after this tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
RE: Cena vs Orton, I'd actually quite like to see this tbh, but only if it has some sort of meaningful story-line attached to it (e.g., Cena retirement, Cena beating Flair's championship record etc.)

If it was just essentially an exhibition match that was thrown out there because they had nothing else for either of them to do then I'd pass on it though.

Niall

International Coach
T\he Ashley stuff is so bleak. I do remember reading snippets about her time their and her BF Paul London shooting on Vince but obviously it never affected business before, but its finally going to get the attention it deserves.