• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't say much of that applies to me though I do live in the north, have an account with Halifax (but not my main one) and enjoy some heavy metal.

I'm from merseyside though so I certainly don't read the ****ing sun

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I love the MMA profile :)

Northern construction worker, strong right political bias and very low disposable income. Loves curry, video games and sports wear. Torrents everything, watches the Inbetweeners, Simpsons and Family Guy.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
What was football? Let me take a guess

English.
I was having fun so I made a thread
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/off...ofiles-fans-different-sports.html#post3406603

Football -- Left leaning Northern English male in non-professional job. Enjoys chips and curry sauce as well as a roast dinner. Wears Ben Sherman. Loves football, football, football, with cricket a distant fourth. Favourite TV show is Match of the Day. Reads the Sun and FOURFOURTWO and watches a lot of TV. Listens to Oasis and Stone Roses.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Watched the NXT special earlier, it was astounding. Count me as being firmly on that bandwagon

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kevin Owens gimmick is basically making it look like he's broken his opponent's neck without actually breaking his neck. Those powerbombs were ridiculously brutal.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
NXT really rather reminds me of TNA years and years ago when it was actually good.
I think it is partially the linear, simple booking and extraordinary world-class talent but also mainly that quality is easier in a smaller arena with minimal exposure per week so you can tell good stories.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think it is partially the linear, simple booking and extraordinary world-class talent but also mainly that quality is easier in a smaller arena with minimal exposure per week so you can tell good stories.
Yeah, I quite agree.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
E are beginning to put themselves between a rock and a hard place in many ways.

The main roster product is definitely geared towards "entertainment" rather than wrestling, but NXT is showing there is still a huge demand for wrestling content. Probably no wonder that this has led to talent getting frustrated.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
NXT is quite bizarre in that the developmental is actually better than the main roster.

Backstage Talk On WWE's Main Roster Talents Being Frustrated Over NXT - WrestlingInc.com. Article claiming the main roster are frustrated with NXT and it's booking.
It would be if NXT was really developmental.' There is a near brand split at the moment - especially with NXT going on the road. NXT is chock full of honed, experienced indie talent. It isnt really the place now to develop raw talent.

andmark

International Captain
It's a problem especially when you consider that wrestlers must grow up wanting (to use Punk's phrase) to be wrestlers, not sports entertainment.

andmark

International Captain
It would be if NXT was really developmental.' There is a near brand split at the moment - especially with NXT going on the road. NXT is chock full of honed, experienced indie talent. It isnt really the place now to develop raw talent.
If NXT is to be another brand, then it needs to keep high level talent. That would explain why Zayn and Neville have been there for years.