• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's going on with Jinder? Saw a couple of threads pop on Reddit about him cutting decent heel promos?

Athlai

Not Terrible
WWE did that thing where they said a "former world champ" was returning, full of the expectation it would be The Rock.

Instead it was Jinder.

And also then later The Rock

So Jinder was a pseudo punchline but will be a one off Rollins match probably.

Jinder is alright tbf. Not the best in ring, not the worst. Really solid at doing a passionate promo on short runs like this. People will tire of him soon.

Coked up Tony Khan talked **** on twitter about fans complaining about Hook as a title challenger with a 28-2 record while Jinder hasn't won a match in a year and is in the world title picture. So yeah, dire wrestling fan opinions and dire opinions on wrestling fans have kind of made this more of a thing than it would've been

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha Jinder is awesome imo. The fact that he's hated on by so many just makes me like him more.
I understand the hate from the pov of him being a jobber who was unceremoniously stuffed down our throats, yeah.

However he's nowhere near as bad as people say he is. Great look, lit theme and serviceable in the ring. We've seen faaar worse.

Vince thinking Jinder would somehow make him billions from the Indian market is hilarious though and probably a contributing factor to the hate he gets.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I reckon the frustration is just how lazy WWE are at booking this sort of thing. Jinder (modern day Maharaja) should’ve had a month or so murdering the undercard to make him seem more credible in the world title picture. But it’s almost like they decided that day.

Current one? I think it’s fine for a random mini challenge for Rollins mania and Will Jinder a boost for the midcard. Former champ, big dude, doesn’t need much story to get a match on the card.

The only actual annoying part is The Rock.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I reckon the frustration is just how lazy WWE are at booking this sort of thing. Jinder (modern day Maharaja) should’ve had a month or so murdering the undercard to make him seem more credible in the world title picture. But it’s almost like they decided that day.

Current one? I think it’s fine for a random mini challenge for Rollins mania and Will Jinder a boost for the midcard. Former champ, big dude, doesn’t need much story to get a match on the card.

Are we actually gonna see Rock Vs Roman and Stone Cold Vs CM Punk this Mania?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I understand the hate from the pov of him being a jobber who was unceremoniously stuffed down our throats, yeah.

However he's nowhere near as bad as people say he is. Great look, lit theme and serviceable in the ring. We've seen faaar worse.

Vince thinking Jinder would somehow make him billions from the Indian market is hilarious though and probably a contributing factor to the hate he gets.
The pic of him looking wild standing in the limo sunroof whilst lifting the WWE championship is one of my favourite recent-ish WWE things. It's great.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

I think it's fine for TV match but I wouldn't bother doing anything more with him for now. Bloke's cold af right now. I think the last time he was on TV was as a manager for Veer ffs. Don't even remember the last time I saw him in a match (granted I'm not a regular watcher these days).

Kraken

International 12th Man
Are we actually gonna see Rock Vs Roman and Stone Cold Vs CM Punk this Mania?
zero chance of stone cold vs punk, decent chance of rock roman tho. However I think rock roman will be at elimination chamber (in Perth)
it will be rollins vs punk at mania

Athlai

Not Terrible
zero chance of stone cold vs punk, decent chance of rock roman tho. However I think rock roman will be at elimination chamber (in Perth)
it will be rollins vs punk at mania
I reckon Stone Cold vs Punk could happen at some random PPV tbh. The Owens vs Stone Cold match as template.

Agree with Rock/Roman chamber and Rollins/Punk mania

Reckon Rock doesn't have the time to make mania

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Young Bucks new gimmick is good. They're always 100x more entertaining when they embrace the fact they're ****ing obnoxious and have irritating faces.

I think Darby buggers off to train for climbing Everest after this match too.