• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
Adam Cole vs MJF's storyline is genuinely pretty good. Very solid main event for All In

THE MEGA BUDDIES COLLIDE

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've not really followed properly since this all began, but is the MJF/Cole storyline not a re-hash of the MJF/Jericho storyline from a while back?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fair dos. I've seen individual segments here and there, but I've not been grabbed by AEW as of late. Feels like it is missing something atm.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fair dos. I've seen individual segments here and there, but I've not been grabbed by AEW as of late. Feels like it is missing something atm.
And yeah AEW seem to be moving things around a bit right now. Hoping the lead in to All In will get the pieces together.

BCC vs Best Friends should be a cracker.

The first parking lot brawl since the great proud and powerful vs best friends one way back in year 1

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've not seen, but I'll give them a go.

But yeah, it kind of feels like there is a lack of starpower at the top of AEW at the moment to me. Omega needs to go back up the card or something.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Moxley and Omega need new programs for sure. I think we may get Moxley with a secondary championship for a bit soon. While Cole MJF is fun its the same issue as KO Jericho back in the day, where it didn't quite deserve the top title in the storyline.

Not sure what Punks doing right now, feuding with Starks maybe?

Heboric

International Debutant
Julia Hart seems pretty promising. Pretty funny that she seems to have by far the biggest future of the Hollywood Blondes or whatever they were called. Can't see Brian Pillman Jr doing much in NXT
Close, I think they were called Varsity Blonds

Mike5181

International Captain
Anyone else only watching Collision from the AEW television options? Week to week it seems the most consistent, and although I find Dax harwood to be a whiny little bitch - FTR, Jay White, and CM Punk's style of storytelling seems a lot more my style.

Also I was excited about the Wembley show with 80k+ people but the matches sound like a disappointment. Never been an Adam Cole guy, modern Jericho is one of the worst things about AEW and every match placing he was on in New Japan felt like a downgrade relative to other options. Moxley is hugely overexposed. But all three are involved in the biggest and only matches that seem a lock for the event.

Heboric

International Debutant
The Toni Storm "highly strung diva" promos/segments are hilarious

Tony Khan must handle these CM Punk issues, these backstage going ons is ridiculous. Sad because AEW Collission is quite good - the episodes I have seen at least.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Toni Storm seems to have found her gimmick.

CM Punk is just a walking disaster behind the scenes these days.

Athlai

Not Terrible
All In (confirmed matches)

• Tag Team Championship: FTR Vs. Young Bucks III
  • ROH Tag Team Championship: MJF / Adam Cole Vs. Aussie Open
  • Coffin Match: Darby Allin / Sting Vs. Swerve / AR Fox
  • 4-Way Women's Championship: Toni Storm Vs. Hikaru Shida (c) Vs. Saraya Vs. Britt Baker
  • Chris Jericho Vs. Will Ospreay
  • Stadium Stampede: Best Friends Vs. BCC Vs. Death Triangle
  • Omega / Hangman / Ibushi Vs. Bullet Club Gold
  • World Championship: MJF Vs. Adam Cole

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It'll be Ospreay throwing himself around like a madman, and Jericho doing his usual brawling thing. But yeah there's no way Jericho could wrestle the kind of match he'd have been capable of in 2001, or even 2008. They'll make it work imo.

Heboric

International Debutant
It'll be Ospreay throwing himself around like a madman, and Jericho doing his usual brawling thing. But yeah there's no way Jericho could wrestle the kind of match he'd have been capable of in 2001, or even 2008. They'll make it work imo.
Yep

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's wild to think that Jericho's run with the WHC was about 15 years ago. In my head it is still "kind of" recent. Where does all the time go.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jericho has even had pretty great runs in the last 10 years. Not very excited for Ospreay vs Jericho that said. Would prefer his PPV single events to be rare these days.

Though I suppose with that crowd it might be a lot of fun