• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
I have no idea honestly.

I always felt he was the only one that would leave to go to WWE again from the Elite but hes entwined himself so heavily in AEW and Warner media. The Nightmare Factory, The Go Big Show, their reality show.

But he's also someone I'd genuinely see taking the $1-2 million dollar contract and a handshake agreement for a title that his dad never won knowing that he could just come back to AEW in 3-4 years.

I do think AEW will make absolute bank on the next TV deal so he probably did feel undervalued by whatever they offered him.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As Bryan notes, there's no way Cody's signing for less than 2M in WWE. he's a fed mark if he's not pushing for more

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
14. Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston, Wrestlemania 35

Bryan started having great matches a full 20 years ago on the indie circuit and he's still having great matches in AEW today. If someone wanted to argue that he is the GOAT I'd listen. I think this is his best match. Kofi is likable but usually no more than solid as a singles star but Bryan leads him to a classic title match that steadily builds and builds culminating in a hot finishing stretch. Kofi's big comeback had me buzzing with excitement even on rewatch.

13. Bayley vs Sasha Banks, Ironman match, NXT Takeover: Respect

For my money the best women's match the WWE have put on. Sasha was so good in her late NXT run (and since really, though main roster booking drags her down like everyone else). These two had a very good match at the previous Takeover which was Bayley's big title win but like with DIY/Revival I prefer the rematch more as I think the story and character work here is stronger: Sasha heels it up so well she literally makes girls in the audience cry and this is the match where Bayley finally snaps and starts fighting fire with fire. Classic 'quiet kid stands up to the playground bully' hook.

20. Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels, Survivor Series 1997
19. The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wrestlemania 17
18. 123 Kid & Razor Ramon vs HBK & Diesel, Action Zone
17. Brock Lesnar vs Eddie Guerrero, No Way Out '04
16. The Revival vs DIY, NXT Takeover: Toronto
15. HBK vs The Undertaker, Bad Blood '97
14. Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston, Wrestlemania 35
13. Bayley vs Sasha Banks, NXT Takeover: Respect

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah OC's character is, if nothing else, memorable and im not really sure how it can be argued differently

Aritro

International Regular
His lack of personality annoys me and find that time stops when he is on the screen. Not in a "oh my gosh, I'm in loove" way, more of a restless "I can suddenly feel exactly where the chair is digging into my arsecheeks" kind of way.

Anyone who wrestles in denim can **** off as well. Wrestling's nothing without the pagaentry. Get some brightly coloured tights on and change your facial expression.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I mean fair enough if he's not for you, I totally get that

I just don't think it's accurate to say his character isn't memorable, because that's basically the only thing about him that is memorable

Bahseph

State Captain
Obviously just judging from what I've seen him do/say on the internet/TV but Cody comes across to me as someone who wants to say he main evented Wrestlemania. If he goes back now this is his best chance. How many times do they go back to the Roman/Brock well before people start groaning? Having already played the Heyman card that feud is reaching its peak soon.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I've only been dipping into AWE rather than watching week to week but I don't think this is bad for them. I understand that Cody was huge in getting the promotion off the ground but they don't really need him any more. Punk and Danielson are bigger names and better workers; the younger guys like Page, MJF, Darby are doing great and they have plenty of other uppercard guys like Mox, Omega, Miro. Not really space to always feature Cody and I suppose he wanted more spotlight and a bigger contract than he merited.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He was kinda backed into the corner after losing to Jericho and never being able to challenge for the title again.

And whilst the above is true, he still basically helped launch the place and was an EVP. He wasn’t just another member of the roster.

Have no doubt that he’ll be getting paiiiiiid and will get a decent push/run on his return but we’ve all seen enough WWE recently to know that creatively it’s going to be abject. He’ll be in a ‘can they co-exist’ storyline and being rolled up by Rollins within months.