• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I guess they thought the pairing was guaranteed heat - Jericho himself has said he was super up for the idea, but in practice it just didn't click

No way could they have made HHH the heel at that time though, fans would have had none of it

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Trips could have faced the heel Taker and actually broken the streak that year for all I care... Jericho V Ric Flair would have been a better match for Jericho's career at that point, lol.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I remember it. Loads of blood. I especially remember that Superplex. Only complaint is it went on a little too long, but entertaining nonetheless.
The way the crowd pops huge for the Arn Anderson spine buster is the bit I always remember haha

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
18. 123 Kid & Razor Ramon vs HBK & Diesel, Action Zone 1994

These guys were part of WWE's infamous 'Kliq' and (allegedly) they put way more effort in when working with each other than with others. Because they were jerks. Whatever, this match is great. All 4 have distinct roles: Razor gets to play the resilient good guy, taking most of the punishment in the match but toughing it out; Kid is the little ball of energy coming in for short bursts of high flying offense; HBK the chief villain, cheating liberally throughout and Nash acting as his muscle. I particularly love the finishing stretch in this one. There's a spot where Diesel gets knocked out but remains visible in the frame, lying on the apron. It acts as a kind of countdown timer for the match, as the face team are on a race against time to see if they can pin Michaels before the giant wakes up.

17. Brock Lesnar vs Eddie Guerrero, No Way Out 2004

Two wrestlers who had peaks and troughs in their careers for very different reasons, but both rank amongst the best in the business when they're at their best. '04 was maybe Eddie's peak year, playing the sympathetic, undersized face using his veteran wiles to compete with the heavyweights. Brock was just a prodigy and in his element here bullying his smaller opponent early and then losing his cool when he gets hurt himself. Eddie's reaction at the finish here is legendary. (This match also delivers the Goldberg vs Brock violence I promised @duffer, as Goldy randomly runs in and spears Brock at one point.)

20. Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels, Survivor Series 1997
19. The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wrestlemania 17
18. 123 Kid & Razor Ramon vs HBK & Diesel, Action Zone
17. Brock Lesnar vs Eddie Guerrero, No Way Out '04

Vinny Ru

Cricket Spectator
18. 123 Kid & Razor Ramon vs HBK & Diesel, Action Zone 1994

These guys were part of WWE's infamous 'Kliq' and (allegedly) they put way more effort in when working with each other than with others. Because they were jerks. Whatever, this match is great. All 4 have distinct roles: Razor gets to play the resilient good guy, taking most of the punishment in the match but toughing it out; Kid is the little ball of energy coming in for short bursts of high flying offense; HBK the chief villain, cheating liberally throughout and Nash acting as his muscle. I particularly love the finishing stretch in this one. There's a spot where Diesel gets knocked out but remains visible in the frame, lying on the apron. It acts as a kind of countdown timer for the match, as the face team are on a race against time to see if they can pin Michaels before the giant wakes up.

17. Brock Lesnar vs Eddie Guerrero, No Way Out 2004

Two wrestlers who had peaks and troughs in their careers for very different reasons, but both rank amongst the best in the business when they're at their best. '04 was maybe Eddie's peak year, playing the sympathetic, undersized face using his veteran wiles to compete with the heavyweights. Brock was just a prodigy and in his element here bullying his smaller opponent early and then losing his cool when he gets hurt himself. Eddie's reaction at the finish here is legendary. (This match also delivers the Goldberg vs Brock violence I promised @duffer, as Goldy randomly runs in and spears Brock at one point.)

Oh boy, I had almost forgotten THAT tag match. Truly awesome, incredibly action packed, very fast paced tag match for WWF '94 standards. No complicated stuff, classic formula with babyfaces getting their hits in early, then the heels dominating Razor for quite some time.

The one thing that drags it down is the bad referee work, almost seems to be clueless.

There's definitely some truth to these guys putting their work shoes on only because they are facing each other, but oh well. Tremendous match, no matter what, definitely worth a watch.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
16. The Revival vs DIY, NXT Takeover: Toronto 2016

These teams had a great match together at the previous Takeover which is also well worth watching and sets up this 2/3 falls rematch. This is a great mix of modern moves and lots of action paired with the old school structure of the dastardly heels isolating one of the faces and cheating to stop them from tagging out. Memorable finish as well.

15. HBK vs The Undertaker, Hell in a Cell, Bad Blood 1997

Another Shawn match. He was quite good. These two always clicked with each other and would have two Wrestlemania classics together over a decade later than this. The set up here is that age old tale of 'young arrogant punk keeps avoiding his comeuppance ...so gets locked in a cage with a sort of undead monster thing so that justice can sort itself out and the baying crowd can cheer for the zombie.' There were 3 Hell in a Cell matches I considered for this list but in the end went with the original as the best one. HBK is fantastic at selling the gravity of his situation as he alternately tries to subdue and then flee from the unstoppable undead psychopath who's trying to murder him for our entertainment.

16. The Revival vs DIY, NXT Takeover: Toronto
15. HBK vs The Undertaker, Bad Blood '97

Vinny Ru

Cricket Spectator
16. The Revival vs DIY, NXT Takeover: Toronto 2016

These teams had a great match together at the previous Takeover which is also well worth watching and sets up this 2/3 falls rematch. This is a great mix of modern moves and lots of action paired with the old school structure of the dastardly heels isolating one of the faces and cheating to stop them from tagging out. Memorable finish as well.

15. HBK vs The Undertaker, Hell in a Cell, Bad Blood 1997

Another Shawn match. He was quite good. These two always clicked with each other and would have two Wrestlemania classics together over a decade later than this. The set up here is that age old tale of 'young arrogant punk keeps avoiding his comeuppance ...so gets locked in a cage with a sort of undead monster thing so that justice can sort itself out and the baying crowd can cheer for the zombie.' There were 3 Hell in a Cell matches I considered for this list but in the end went with the original as the best one. HBK is fantastic at selling the gravity of his situation as he alternately tries to subdue and then flee from the unstoppable undead psychopath who's trying to murder him for our entertainment.

16. The Revival vs DIY, NXT Takeover: Toronto
15. HBK vs The Undertaker, Bad Blood '97
HBK's cage bumps were brutal, really brutal, especially since he was rammed into the cell again and again without protection. Not as devastating as the two Foley falls half a year later but still.

Good blade job, sensible use of foreign objects and terrific psychology and ring work. HBK did a brilliant job portraying Taker as a superhuman, overpowered character. Just perfect.

The ending was a ****up in my opinion though. Of course there was a surprise with the long-awaited arrival of Kane but the fact that Taker couldn't kick out even though it took Earl Hebner about 30 seconds to count to 3 is really stretching the suspension of disbelief.

Still one of the greatest wrestling matches and definitely the best Hell in the Cell match, no other HIAC match could top this one, though there were other good ones too.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Brock/Taker HIAC from '02 was one of my last cuts from the list, I really love that one too. Just super intense and feels more violent than most WWE matches. But it doesn't quite have the layers of storytelling that the original cell match has.