• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
WM 17 the second best of all the matches in the Austin/Rock trilogy imo.

Possibly would have been the best were it not for the finish.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
WM 17 the second best of all the matches in the Austin/Rock trilogy imo.

Possibly would have been the best were it not for the finish.
Mania 19 is gun too (assume that's the one you'd have top). Kind of a reversal in that it's The Rock who's out of this world great and carries that one. Austin is kinda just there but I think he was pretty broken down physically then. That was a completely stacked mania show in general, might be my favourite one.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mania 19 is gun too (assume that's the one you'd have top). Kind of a reversal in that it's The Rock who's out of this world great and carries that one. Austin is kinda just there but I think he was pretty broken down physically then. That was a completely stacked mania show in general, might be my favourite one.
Yeah that's the best of the three imo.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
tbf to HHH he was the loser in most of his WM matches post WM-16

beating Booker T was absolutely dire though, completely agree there

Vinny Ru

Cricket Spectator
I remember watching a shoot interview with a female wrestler once, can't remember which, who said that the very first night that HHH was to make his debut, when he wasn't even "The Game" but the snobby Blueblood ****, he told this girl and another person backstage, "One day I will run all of this" spreading his arms around the place.

This female said she'd always seen politickers and brown-nosers in the WWF, but she found it striking that this guy who hadn't even made his debut yet had ambitions so grand. Probably should have been a harbinger of the **** to come and the stuff he would do.

Cornette had it right when someone asked him:

"Jim, do you think if Stephanie McMahon looked like Linda McMahon, but she was still Vince's daughter, would HHH have still married her?"

"Hell, he'd have married Abdullah the Butcher if he was Vince's daughter!"

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
HHH vs Jericho was so bad. Jericho was ready to be The Guy and they just made him into a side character.
Generally agree, but tbf in hindsight it was kinda inevitable

Most guys would have been a side character with Rock Vs Hogan and a mega over and recently returned HHH on the card really

That said, they could still have done a better job (pun not intended) with that entire storyline. Not pairing him up with Stephanie and having him literally picking up dog turds (still annoys me to this day) for one

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't even mean Jericho should've been the champ or even beat HHH at mania. But having him be the face against Steph/HHH was always gold. There was money in that chase, and winning eventually would've helped so much

So weird to make him Stephs bitch.