• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Pretty decent even. Main event was good. Lots of meh stuff though, Big Show vs Mark Henry and HHH vs Nash were decidedly meh.

RAW last night was great though. Bryan/Punk/Ryder vs Ziggler/Del Rio/Miz was great, lots of action for a TV match. The E's TV matches have actually been really strong for a while now. Makes a nice change, doesn't seem that long ago that Duffer and I would sit in this thread and complain about the lack of good wrestling on RAW in particular, they seemed to have turned the corner in this regard.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
They ought to bring back unscripted feuds. Maybe Otunga mig go nuts with a baseball bat or something.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
HATED Danielson's cash in and **** WWE for making me not like Danielson winning his first world title.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I mean that flip in the tag team match was awesome but he just turns up last-minute and steals the show.

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
Danial Bryan such a bad wrestler.... Just can't buy into this guy
Is this real life? Ive watched Daniel Bryan wrestle 60 minute classics all over the Indy Circuits and the guy is a ring technician. Sure his style may not fit in with WWE but saying that he is a bad wrestler is like saying Tendulkar can't bad.

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
Thanks man...hopefully I can contribute positively here. I live in Toronto which is a prime wrestling market and I constantly attend Indy shows as well so hopefully I can share some insight. Love Pro Wrestling and Im actually looking forward to this years WM.....hopefully a Cena heel turn (although I always doubt that since he brings in the most revenue)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, Toronto must be a great place to be as a wrestling fan I imagine. Remember the crowd for WM18 (iirc that was Toronto) was pretty hot.

This year's WM should be good hopefully. I'm not too keen on seeing Taker vs HHH again, but if they can get Jericho back for a match against Punk, and then use the rest of the talent wisely they should be able to put together a great card.

They do seem to be teasing a Cena heel turn, the way RAW went this past week could easily lead to a storyline where Cena finally gets sick of the fans booing him and turns on them...did seem to hint at the possibility at least....but I'm not sure the E would have the balls to go through with it for the reasons you've mentioned. Would really make his match against Rock go off the hook though, the crowd would be so mega into it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Former WWE star Chris Jericho posted the following on Twitter moments after UFC 141: So obvious the 1/2-02 mystery man is Brock Lesnar. That fight was a joke #ufcisfixed @speewee #memphis
:laugh:

Even if the mystery man turns out not to be Jericho, WAG, love the way he attempts to stir up the internet fans.

Watched the documentary on his DVD a night or so ago. Made me realise how much I had missed him.

“Getting dragged kicking and screaming out of the ring, begging for mercy from whoever it is that fires me and never be seen again. Thats how I want to go out. Yeah, I don’t want any heroes goodbye or a big send off, I don’t want a retirement ceremony; that’s not how I’m built. I just want to disappear into the sunset and have people say “Man that guy was a jerk wasn’t he? Wow, I’m glad he’s gone.”

What a guy.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Chris Jericho is poking fun at a photograph taken of him at Nashville International Airport yesterday, which is near the site of tonight's RAW SuperShow.

"Apparently, I've been cloned...or somebody has started a great rumour," Jericho wrote on Twitter.

He then posted several photoshopped images of him at various places including Egypt, Paris, Gettysburg and Kim Jong-il's funeral.
:laugh:

cover drive man

International Captain
Haha wag. Seriously hoping it's him. Y2J... Y2J... Y2J!

As long as it's not Brodus Clay. Nothing against Clay, but he's been on the cards for weeks.