• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha oh dear

a white guy with an american flag tattooed on his neck talking angrily about race relations, what could possibly go wrong

Athlai

Not Terrible
Should've been a program of brash young upstart asshole vs the betrayed mentor who still wants to reach the lad.

Ogogo is legit a great talent and so good at being a ****y wanker.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I quite like cody as a worker tbf, but he does himself no favours with how he conducts and presents himself

the bloke is arrogant as all hell, incredibly smug

this Ogogo nonsense aside (and it sounds really dire) it's no wonder people have got sick of him

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hes fantastic at what he does (being able to adapt and turn into to get heat) but definitely overthinks things.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I don't disagree at all, but it's all the things he does around his ring work that just make him come across as unrelateable, and in some cases make him look like a total dick, imo

e.g.

- being a face but always coming out in expensive suits (don't actually begrudge him doing this tbf, but it is typically a very heelish way of dressing)

- insisting on being called "The American Dream" (like cmon cody lad)

- having an overly elaborate entrance every night when nobody else ever gets one

- the frankly awful reality show that he did with Brandi

- almost always "getting his win back" over anyone he puts over

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So is VKM really going out of his way to say "**** you" to HHH with his booking of NXT

because it's very difficult to infer anything else from how things have been going recently

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not aware of the exact timeline, but Joe being fired, re-hired by HHH and then made champion was so bizarre at the time. as I recall, NXT 2.0 hadn't started yet but there were mummers around the direction of NXT, and HHH responded by making Joe champ. bonkers. It was obvious at the time that his 'injury' to drop the belt wasn't the reason and it's just surprising he wasn't released sooner

Athlai

Not Terrible
They did Joe so wrong. Bloke could've been anything for WWE. Champ. Commentator. He consistently rose to the level he was asked too. Just isn't a body guy so they never bought in.

Mike5181

International Captain
First year in a while I’m not watching WK. glad to hear Shibata can still go, bloke is genuinely one of the very very best.
Shibata vs. Narita
The Stardom match on night 2
Naito vs. Cobb
Both main events if you still enjoy "epic" New Japan matches, which I'm personally tired of.
Kenta vs. Tanahashi - just because it was an absolute ****show.

Basically the only stuff worth watching.