• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Shri

Mr. Glass
lets face it the "reality" era got old fast after punk and daniel bryan's stuff

i prefer what reigns is doing now and getting stuff back to kayfabe face/heel stories

and that is also why i really ****ing hate cena doing his 2011 schtick again by cutting "reality" promos at a guy who's all about something completely different

kinda sad to see tbh

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The pop was f*** awesome. Punk made the pg era watchable. Looking forward to AEW now. They have a sick roster now
Yes - I love the roster. I think this is a big 2/3 year period for them. Jericho still around, Christian Cage looking good as ever, Omega on top, Hangman on the rise, CM Punk back after seven years, MJF on the rise, Darby Allin and Sting as a mainstay, Miro with a new lease on life, Lance Archer and Jake Roberts, FTR, Young Bucks (though I've never been a huge fan). There's just so much there which is really A Class.

Let's see how they get on but this is certainly the most credible WWE competition since WCW.

...if only they had Jeff Jarrett, then they'd be unstoppable.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
lets face it the "reality" era got old fast after punk and daniel bryan's stuff

i prefer what reigns is doing now and getting stuff back to kayfabe face/heel stories

and that is also why i really ****ing hate cena doing his 2011 schtick again by cutting "reality" promos at a guy who's all about something completely different

kinda sad to see tbh
It isn't WCW-level reality though, talking about the "script". I think it is a compelling story Cena is telling about that, as a multiple time world champion, of course he could pin Roman Reigns 1-2-3 if things go his way. And I think even in kayfabe, some backstage politics exists - for example how Roman was able to enter a Triple Threat match half-way through to win the title in the first place. But agreed that WWE has been awful recently - I don't think that is as much on the "reality" stuff as the "everything is booked terribly" stuff.

I think some line-blurring is okay - the original DX and Austin-McMahon Attitude Era was heavily based on such stuff. But too much is lazy and can be damaging. You don't want fans to be predicting a result or booing the booking. Speaking of predictability, I loved Christian Cage beating Omega for the Impact Title - very surprising and kept everyone looking good.

I'm a big CM Punk and Daniel Bryan fan so I'm biased. I love Punk's passion and I love Bryan's wrestling. I never liked watching the actual wrestling that much until I saw Bryan. Then I got into the in-ring stuff as much as I enjoyed the storyline stuff.

I like Reigns as the Tribal Chief - seems like the role he was born to play. Everything just suits. Will be interesting to see how the match goes. I think Reigns is the only compelling thing about WWE, atm. The rest is just so awful, for me.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Yes - I love the roster. I think this is a big 2/3 year period for them. Jericho still around, Christian Cage looking good as ever, Omega on top, Hangman on the rise, CM Punk back after seven years, MJF on the rise, Darby Allin and Sting as a mainstay, Miro with a new lease on life, Lance Archer and Jake Roberts, FTR, Young Bucks (though I've never been a huge fan). There's just so much there which is really A Class.

Let's see how they get on but this is certainly the most credible WWE competition since WCW.

...if only they had Jeff Jarrett, then they'd be unstoppable.
WWE has released Bray Wyatt recently. I am hoping if AEW can nick him out as well then the overall quality would just go up a notch. WWE never really figured out what to do with Bray & kinda wasted his potential

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
WWE has released Bray Wyatt recently. I am hoping if AEW can nick him out as well then the overall quality would just go up a notch. WWE never really figured out what to do with Bray & kinda wasted his potential
HOw do these rules work with copyrights? If WWE own the name "Bray Wyatt", can he just go to AEW and be Wyatt? I remember WWE did something similar with Vader.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well they did copied entire CM Punk's entrance & I guess even his freakin logo so not sure about Copyright thing.
Nah, he owns the CM Punk copyright and always did even as he got into the WWE. It was a pretty famous story even in the PG era. And Cult of Personality is not a WWE Jim Johnston etc. song. So, whoever forks out the money for the usage can use it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I like Reigns as the Tribal Chief - seems like the role he was born to play. Everything just suits. Will be interesting to see how the match goes. I think Reigns is the only compelling thing about WWE, atm. The rest is just so awful, for me.
i like drew mcintyre too

plus orton's back

becky is back soon

things can only get better

as for the other stuff, i guess i am just too set in my tastes and how i want things to be. meh.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's see. Wyatt, like Black, is someone with huge potential. On the lower card, I think Nick Comoroto has an interesting look also and maybe he could be someone they elevate in future. I think the one thing AEW is "missing" slightly is young big guys - people that can grow into Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Batista, Triple H type heavyweight main eventers.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Wardlow is pretty young I think. I reckon the dude is gonna be a star.
Good point. Overall I'm just really excited about AEW - it feels everything is going the right way. Genuinely excited to see what happens on Wednesdays now and just so many cool matchups to look forward to, considering how well they protect the wrestlers from 50/50 booking. Like atm, after how he beat Cody, I'm excited to see Malaki just lay waste to everyone. And all this isn't to mention someone like Andrade who is a very special wrestler with massive charisma.

BTW, how good was Andrade's angle when he was on NXT. He lost focus, couldn't win a match and Zalina came in and gave him so much focus that he was able to pin Drew McIntyre clean and take the title.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I hope AEW pass on Wyatt, but even if they don't there's absolutely no chance in hell (heh) he could show up as "Wyatt" in any other fed

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Andrade was the last great champion in NXT imo. I like Cole but it just felt different after Andrades run
Yes, I feel you on that. I think going to two hours and TV each week was a mistake because it kinda ruined the storytelling and slow-building up of new characters. But I guess if you are a listed company then you don't pass up an opportunity like that to make money.