• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
WCW were so ****ing stupid to just let all their cruiserweight guys leave. I pretty much watched Nitro just for the Cruiserweight divison cause it was like nothing the WWF had. Jericho vs Malenko is probably one of my favorite feud ever. That moment where malenko unmasked in the battle royal. *Goosebumps*

Skip to 8:50 for that crazy pop. Is Slamboree 98 on the Network, incidentally? Ima watch it.
Yep. Every NWA-WCW PPV is. Watching Hog Wild 96 aws. Benoit and Malenko had a good match but the rest so far has been forgettable. Steiners V Harlem heat now though

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I just watched the Rhodes Vs Flair documentary. God, I think those days must have been pretty cool. Tbh, there doesn't seem to be anyone who is a representative of the high-flying lifestyle or the common man - maybe that's all a bit simplistic for the modern age but it just shows how powerful that can be.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is it free as in completely free, or free for Feb so long as you sign up for 3 months...or some other catch?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Itstl

Will investigate at the end of the week. Have loads of work on over the next few days, so as a terrible procrastinator it probably wouldn't be advisable for me to get it right now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
completely free. you have to put card details but can just cancel on the 28th

Worth it anyway though...keep it for March and you get live Mania for a tenner on top of everything else

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wait, wait,wait. Is the WWE Network an actual TV channel or is it an on demand internet type thingy?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's Netflix for wrestling.

It does have a 'channel' if you will so you can just click on that and watch whatever they are showing all day. But other than that you can get:

-All live PPVs
-NXT
-Raw & Smackdown pre/post show
-All past WWE PPVs
-All WCW PPVs
-All ECW PPVs
-Some stuff from WCCW & AWA
- A selection of old Raw, Smackdown + other shows such as Prime Time Wrestling etc, and every SNME
- every Clash of the Champions
- Some old Nitros & Hardcore TV episodes
- All the documentaries they've released

It's the greatest thing that's ever been produced in the history of mankind.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah so apparently Vince has changed his mind on the main event and wants a triple threat with Bryan. Dunno how to feel... even if Bryan wins, Rollins will cash in either immediately or the next day anyway.

Should be a good match now, though.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep me too. I think the cash in will come on Raw though. Would love it if it came at Mania but I think they'll give Reigns his moment.

andmark

International Captain
I'd prefer it it at Mania, because it would be a difference to the usual "BAH GAWD HE'S DONE IT!" sort of moment, but yeah it'd probably be on the Raw.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah so apparently Vince has changed his mind on the main event and wants a triple threat with Bryan. Dunno how to feel... even if Bryan wins, Rollins will cash in either immediately or the next day anyway.

Should be a good match now, though.
I think this would be the worst possible option, in many ways.

The situation is totally different to last year. Adding Bryan to the match last year made perfect sense, but the dynamic in the present situation is completely different. What we have are two faces, one of which the E is determined to get over, gunning for the World title that is held by a mega heel. Making it a 3 way thing will likely just dilute the intensity of the whole thing for mine. It would also just be a case of the E basically turning around to Reigns and saying "sorry, but you're ****".

I would rather see one of Bryan v Lesnar or Reigns v Lesnar.