• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
About to start watching, seems the bad explosion only ruined a pretty boring post-match 'angle' anyway

As for Christian....look, the issue here really is that they announced Big Show out of the blue. Once they announced BS and that another Hall of Famer was coming, Christian was doomed because there's no way he could have lived up to the hype. He's not a bigger star than BS and it's not a bigger shock he'd go to AEW, but the implication is someone bigger and more shocking than BS is jumping to AEW. Big Show either needed to debut with Christian, or you have Christian as a real surprise debut, none of that hype. Big Show being the surprise and Christian being the hyped man was backwards, even factoring in that Christian will be a worker.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Maki Itohs first entrance ruined a bit by the poor audio. She still got a chance to show some character.

Rey Fenix is amazing.
Miro looked the best he has so far and I really enjoyed Chuckies storytelling in that match.
Women's title match was great but felt like they could've finished a minute or two earlier.
Ladder match was okay. I didn't mind the Cody arm thing but it all felt like a bit of a meaningless spotfest. Don't think they did a good enough job selling the reward of the match.
Genuinely impressed by Hardy, bloke seemingly can't move his hips but gave Hangman exactly what he needed there.
Didn't like the tag match. Jericho looked blown up. Bucks shtick doesn't work as well against blokes that aren't well honed tag units. .

Christian was fine, I don't think AEW hyped it out of this world or anything. Its certainly not like they presenter the person as challenging for the title immediately or what not. Classic piece of wrestling fan hype though, can't have a mystery anything and please everyone.
honed tag units.
Darby Sting vs FTW boys was great imo. So ****ing dumb but so good.

Just up to the main event now, been hard to avoid how much of a letdown the finish is tho

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
For once I don't think the fans can be blamed that much for getting over excited tbf. They were literally promised "the biggest scoop ever".

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And Tony Khan's multiple media bits saying about the signing of a huge/major star etc. Anyway, you like the signing, and that's cool. Not having a dig at you.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Halfway through the barbed wire match and the crowd is hyped and it's pretty good. The exploding part of exploring barbed wire matches has always been a bit naff but Omega selling his eyes being hurt after an explosion helped a lot to sell them as a menace.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Moxley kicking the rope after taking a one winged angel to cause an explosion was also pretty ingenious. Here come the good brothers and there they go.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Halfway through the barbed wire match and the crowd is hyped and it's pretty good. The exploding part of exploring barbed wire matches has always been a bit naff but Omega selling his eyes being hurt after an explosion helped a lot to sell them as a menace.
Yeah this is the thing. I actually wonder why people bother doing them at all tbh. I mean you can't really do more than this without literally blowing people up, so what's the point?... I guess they had to raise the stakes/go a step further than their previous non-sanctioned match (or whatever it was called), but I'm sure they could have come up with something better than this.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah this is the thing. I actually wonder why people bother doing them at all tbh. I mean you can't really do more than this without literally blowing people up, so what's the point?... I guess they had to raise the stakes/go a step further than their previous non-sanctioned match (or whatever it was called), but I'm sure they could have come up with something better than this.
Clearly lego match was the way to go

Athlai

Not Terrible
Eddie inexplicably dying at the end can only be because Moxley whispered some existential despairing truth to him. Ala Radio head's music video "Just"