• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

weeman27bob

International Regular
Holy ****, just seen the highlights of Shaq wrestling. I cannot believe Cody let him do a power bomb. After what happened to Droz, I cringe every time I see one.

And that bump through the table was epic. That's a serious bump he just took, all 350 pounds of him at 50-whatever age he is. Plenty of old school legends have never taken a bump like that.
Appreciate that it's different because they're all actually wrestlers, but Shaq is 48 which means the following wrestlers are all older than him:

Undertaker, Big Show, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Goldberg, R Truth

Aritro

International Regular
Appreciate that it's different because they're all actually wrestlers, but Shaq is 48 which means the following wrestlers are all older than him:

Undertaker, Big Show, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Goldberg, R Truth
Yeah I'm aware, I'm still impressed. Especially given some of the household names back in the day never took bumps like that.

I also thought he was older than 48 to be fair.

Aritro

International Regular
Also, I'm 34 and basically in awe of these old ass wrestlers taking bumps. I'm in agony every time I try to making a diving stop in park cricket. In fact, I more or less refuse to do it now.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, I'm 34 and basically in awe of these old ass wrestlers taking bumps. I'm in agony every time I try to making a diving stop in park cricket. In fact, I more or less refuse to do it now.
Kurt Angle made an interesting point about this sort of thing not long ago. Basically said that your body becomes conditioned to it (to some extent) when you spend your life doing it. So much so that you basically have to keep doing it. Once you stop or start to slow down it's agony when you try and start up again.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Holy ****, just seen the highlights of Shaq wrestling. I cannot believe Cody let him do a power bomb. After what happened to Droz, I cringe every time I see one.

And that bump through the table was epic. That's a serious bump he just took, all 350 pounds of him at 50-whatever age he is. Plenty of old school legends have never taken a bump like that.
To be fair, it was about as safe as a powerbomb can ever be. Both feet planted (i.e. not a running powerbomb) and no release (i.e. like a jacknife). Shaq is a big strong dude and had no trouble lifting Cody. Held him tight all the way to the mat. No doubt took the wind out of Cody, but all in all it was a nice standard flat back bump.

Aritro

International Regular
Piss poor having Cody recover and deliver a punch about three seconds later. It's not a clothesline ffs

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Droz comparison is a poor one IMO. Freak accident. Hardly like a bloke isn't powerbombed in every school gym indie show across the world.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Running powerbombs probably shouldn't be done anyway imo, the Droz comparison notwithstanding. They are pretty dangerous, as evidenced by Rollins injuring people on several occasions with them.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Who does everyone think the new signing for AEW will be on Sunday?

Online speculation I've seen is the seemingly likely Kurt Angle, RVD to the less likely Cena, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar.

Personally I'm hoping it's Christian. Don't think WWE have used him since Rumble so maybe they've dropped the ball again

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not sure I can think of any HOF-level person outside of blokes absolutely signed to WWE forever outside of Christian that could offer more to AEW.
Maybe Cesaro? That'd be a coup.

Mike5181

International Captain
Is there a reason we've moved past Paul Wight himself being the name? He's a "huge" signing, and he's "hall of fame level" because he's not actually in the WWE hall of fame.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Is there a reason we've moved past Paul Wight himself being the name? He's a "huge" signing, and he's "hall of fame level" because he's not actually in the WWE hall of fame.
Not AEWs style and Tony Khan hyped it himself on the podcast. More a WWE move

Mike5181

International Captain
Not AEWs style and Tony Khan hyped it himself on the podcast. More a WWE move
Yeah, him doubling down like that probably suggests it's not him. MJF saying "It's true" I thought might be a hint. But then Kurt's in the hall of fame as sledger said.

Mike5181

International Captain
Then again, they aren't going to say "hey guys, someone in the WWE Hall of Fame is signing with us at Revolution".

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh yeah good point, it was Batista that had his HOF postponed.

Christian still the best all round package. Would offer a lot on and off screen, while still feasibly being able to work the odd match.