• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

andmark

International Captain
Those were so good.

They have old Smackdown 6 too yeah?
Yeah. The first match I watched on it was a great match between Angle and Undertaker. Massive collection of Smackdowns; virtually every Smackdown between when it started to 2006ish

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Its a WWE thing so must be automatically awesome in GIMH's mind.
Haha reckon you can do better than that. I hate a lot of WWE stuff

I was actually reading seriously old posts about why you hate HHH the other day and you gave a reasonably balanced and reasoned explanation. Seems like you were a decent poster once.

What happened dude.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah. The first match I watched on it was a great match between Angle and Undertaker. Massive collection of Smackdowns; virtually every Smackdown between when it started to 2006ish
I was a bit upset about the lack of 09 smackdowns. Was my first year watching wresting full time for a few and Raw was trash but Smackdown was absolutely stellar every week.

Rey V Morrison for the ic belt, what a match

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha reckon you can do better than that. I hate a lot of WWE stuff

I was actually reading seriously old posts about why you hate HHH the other day and you gave a reasonably balanced and reasoned explanation. Seems like you were a decent poster once.

What happened dude.
I became a bad poster when I stopped watching wrestling perhaps? :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yes maybe. Just get the network and we can start a thread about all the awesome old stuff

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching some 2003 Smackdown. Opened up with a promo about Rey Mysterio's journey to the Cruiserweight title against Matt Hardy - a bygone era of respect to the midcard and opening matches.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Monday night wars documentary is good (not watched it all so far), all the DVD docus are on there I think.

If you're talking matches - ECW PPVs for you I reckon.

andmark

International Captain
Watched Guerrero vs Benoit on an episode of Nitro. It was typical of WCW; some great wrestlers but no focus whatsoever on the match.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watched Guerrero vs Benoit on an episode of Nitro. It was typical of WCW; some great wrestlers but no focus whatsoever on the match.
IIRC WCW usually went like this:

*Mysterio/Jericho/Guerrero/Benoit/Malenko putting on an amazing show*

Commentators: "NWO, blah blah blah Hogan blah blah NWO"

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Yeah that pretty much much sums up what happened in the match. Shame because the pace of the match was unreal

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WCW were so ****ing stupid to just let all their cruiserweight guys leave. I pretty much watched Nitro just for the Cruiserweight divison cause it was like nothing the WWF had. Jericho vs Malenko is probably one of my favorite feud ever. That moment where malenko unmasked in the battle royal. *Goosebumps*

Skip to 8:50 for that crazy pop. Is Slamboree 98 on the Network, incidentally? Ima watch it.

andmark

International Captain
Great wrestling with commentary usually focusing on middle aged guys trying to be teens. I fear that's what the commentary is like now.