• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't think it could work with someone besides Cena. His history is so rich and delving into his fears. The terrible "debut" - Ruthless Aggression. His weird bodybuilder past. Being stuck in a gimmick "thuganomics". Then moving further to him never taking that step to turn heel, to really dive into the dark side at wm 30 and smash bray with the chair. When he tries to rectify that in the Funhouse, he then becomes Hollywood Hogan - the old but new star, the cool heel.

It's some really really cool story telling and completely unlike WWE to do anything so abstract but riddled with details and references.

Is Cena gone? Is he changed? I've got no idea but the match made me feel like those things may genuinely have occured which I really didn't expect when going in.

Props to the mad minds of Cena and Wyatt.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think it could work with someone besides Cena. His history is so rich and delving into his fears. The terrible "debut" - Ruthless Aggression. His weird bodybuilder past. Being stuck in a gimmick "thuganomics". Then moving further to him never taking that step to turn heel, to really dive into the dark side at wm 30 and smash bray with the chair. When he tries to rectify that in the Funhouse, he then becomes Hollywood Hogan - the old but new star, the cool heel.

It's some really really cool story telling and completely unlike WWE to do anything so abstract but riddled with details and references.

Is Cena gone? Is he changed? I've got no idea but the match made me feel like those things may genuinely have occured which I really didn't expect when going in.

Props to the mad minds of Cena and Wyatt.
Yeah, the only other person I could really see being able to pull this off would be Matt Hardy (for fairly obvious reasons I guess). His influence was all over this, and the Boneyard match the night before.

Jericho is another person I could see getting something like this to work actually. But at this stage I'd be confident of him being able to get anything to work. WAG.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha a segment of "inside Jericho's mind" could be incredible. You'd probably get at least 2 minutes of Stephanie McMahon insults thrown in there

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah the more I think about it, the more I really want it to happen.

HHH is another that would sound appealing in concept actually. But not sure he has the right sort of charisma to pull it off. And also given his position as an exec I very much doubt they'd ever want him to appear in something like that anyway.

Speaking of Haitch. First WM in... god knows how long without his obligatory 30 minute long match.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have to see how to watch it without paying for it. I guess Ten Sports had it, so maybe I can find it in Sony Liv or something.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ROH have finally started uploading their archive onto YouTube over the last month. They should have done it 3 years ago when almost all the NXT male roster was just old ROH guys who had much better matches in ROH, but better late than never. They just uploaded Do FIXER vs Blood Generation, the first Dragon Gate match that took place in the States which basically changed indie wrestling in the States forever. just an insane match. ROH youtube is def worth a follow if they're gonna keep pumping up this stuff.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gotta say Athlai breaking it down has made me wanna watch it even more. Unfortunately, can't get even 30 mins to myself till the weekend with this lockdown. :(

Kraken

International 12th Man
Bray is Braun's first feud after becoming champion. Just had a fairly heated discussion with mates about it, and I was the only one of the opinion that it's a good thing. They were of the opinion that Braun's first challenger should've been Nak (who he just spent months destroying) or Sheamus (who's cold as cold could be right now). Keen to hear peoples thoughts...I feel like Bray is the only logical choice, and it's a far more compelling story than anything else they can realistically run right now.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nakamura is nothing more than a jobber these days. His stock has crashed massively over the last two years or so. It's really sad tbh, but he seems to be enjoying his life in the US, so fair play to him. There would be no heat on him v Braun at all at this stage.

Sheamus... yeah not interested in that either.

Fiend is perfectly ok oppo, but maybe a bit soon. Not sure either of them can really absorb the loss at this stage either.

Braun vs Bryan would have been good I reckon.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Yeah, exactly. I will admit it's a bit soon...but realistically, where else do they go? Roman is out for the immediate future, and DB is still wrapped up in the IC title picture. Would've loved Bryan and Braun, DB can get a good match out of a broom. Agree neither can take the loss...but would take Bray over Braun any day of the week

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh yeah, very much doubt they will job out the Fiend again anytime soon, which means Braun will again take the L, and go back to being a perennial loser.

Kraken

International 12th Man
That ship has sailed, imo. He's always the perennial loser for me, just like Bray WAS until his character metamorphosis. Beating Billy G in 2 minutes doesn't change that in reality, he can't win the big one

Athlai

Not Terrible
WWE Title
Big Show - 50 days, 28 days
Kane - 1 day

World Heavyweight
Big Show - 1 day, 72 days
Kane - 154 days

Braun will be lucky to hold it for a month.