• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Niall

International Coach
Charlotte vs Becky is a pretty good mania match imo.

Also the fiend had a really good match. Truly the end of days.
The match has been done a million times tbf and Bryan can still work miracles in the ring.

Men's rumble was so-so,,the Brock stuff was much better than the internet might think and Edge back was cool.

The winner though...Drew:laugh: I suppose Mania sells itself because that dude who has never drew money in the main event is lunacy. He is the drizzling ****s personified, at least Roman has star quality and can work a main event.

Niall

International Coach
I've not watched in a few weeks but never seen anything in him whatsoever. He looks the part and can work a passable match attributes a lot of the roster share.

At least Roman has IT.

I'l tune in a bit more next few weeks , but very skeptical.

Athlai

Not Terrible
One of the better Royal Rumbles overall in recent memory.

Women's Rumble - I don't watch the TV so I'm never sick of heel Charlotte. Shayna and Bianca both looked strong. I wouldn't have been adverse to Charlotte having the role of eliminating a bunch of people and Shayna winning, but ehh. Shayna will probably get her Wrestlemania match at Elimination Chamber. Also is Sasha injured? Because she should have definitely been in the running here for a Bayley match at Mania. ***3/4
Corbin vs Reigns was fine - hopefully thats over. ***
Wyatt vs Bryan was great - DBry is an ATG but he does seem to have pretty special chemistry with Bray too. Was almost NJPWesque in the loser actually coming away looking stronger than they were going in. Something WWE doesn't get right ever, and that has everything to do with DBrys ability to make people believe in him and very little to do with the booking I suspect. ****1/4
Bayley vs Lacey was kinda crap - not terrible I guess. Lacey isn't quite there yet though admittedly looks more like she deserves a PPV match than she did when they brought her in. In a year or two she could be somebody. Heel Bayley is so far just okay. **/12
Becky vs Asuka was decent - had moments of being good and moments of being kinda crap. The build to the match was better than the match but neither disgraced themselves. I'd kinda been hoping that Asuka won here and Becky tried to win the rumble and failed to get 1 more shot. But had no hope of Asuka winning as soon as the Women's rumble went on first. ***1/2
Men's Rumble - reckon this will go down as one of the best ever. Brock killing everyone and getting the record (**** the greatest royal rumble), the mini story of Kofi/Rey/Big E almost getting the better of him, the mini story of Shelton being an idiot, the mini story of Ricochet knowing Brock Lesnar's weakness and of course the colossal pop when Drew kicked his head off. An ATG rumble moment and it wasn't even close to being the best moment of the match.

Edge is back FFS. WAG. Sucks that AJ got injured and left early, definitely would've changed a lot of things towards the end but I barely noticed outside of thinking it was weird that two members of the OC were in but AJ was already out. ****1/2

Bahseph

State Captain
I generally like watching Charlotte wrestle, but I really don't care about her as a character anymore. Haven't been keeping up to date with wrestling recently but watched some highlights of AEW. I have always been a Dean Ambrose fan because of his early Shield work, but he is like a whole new man as Jon Moxley. Just the way he carries himself,and the lowkey great theme. Can't believe WWE didn't see what they had there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah AEW is consistently very good TV. Don’t think I’ve missed more than episode so far which means I’ve probably watched more AEW full shows than I’ve watched of WWE over the course of 4 or 5 years

Heboric

International Debutant
I have always been a Dean Ambrose fan because of his early Shield work, but he is like a whole new man as Jon Moxley. Just the way he carries himself,and the lowkey great theme. Can't believe WWE didn't see what they had there.
Maybe its the whole pg-13 thing they have to deal with.
Dont get me wrong I am not a fan of the whole 'staple something to one forehead' or give someone brain damage for $50, while a truck stops finest screaming 'E C Dub E C Dub' or ''This is wrestling', but I think AEW has a little more leeway in storytelling

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not sure if this is a popular opinion, but I'm bored of the NXT (and AEW to some extent match style).

An entire card of endless kickouts and impressive looking flashy offence etc just does my head in after a while.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not sure if this is a popular opinion, but I'm bored of the NXT (and AEW to some extent match style).

An entire card of endless kickouts and impressive looking flashy offence etc just does my head in after a while.
I was thinking about this earlier today. I think AEW stays fresh because the card generally has a "Cody match" and a "Moxley match" which doesn't really oversaturate the flashy offense style. Personal taste as well but no one is as good at the flashy offense/endless kickout style as Omega/Okada/Ibushi/Ospreay.

Athlai

Not Terrible
And as cool and impressive as Keith Lee is, he isnt like an Ishii or a Walter that can produce this awesome unique hoss match with anyone. It's more like if Johnny Gargano was 300+ pounds.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And as cool and impressive as Keith Lee is, he isnt like an Ishii or a Walter that can produce this awesome unique hoss match with anyone. It's more like if Johnny Gargano was 300+ pounds.
The thing is, I watched the Lee match, and thought it was gun. But then every match on the card that followed was basically the same. And then it dawned on me that every NXT show like... for as long as I can really remember now... like since Sasha vs Bayley has basically been like this.

From a purely athletic pov the NXT roster is absolutely incredible. The talent in the WWE of even 10 years ago could not dream of reaching the level of some of these guys, to say nothing of the "talent" on the card in the attitude era.

But there is just something lacking for me. There's only so much of this sort of wrestling I can watch.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
RE: AEW, I've just not got the interest I guess. I enjoy watching the Jericho segments, but the matches generally leave me a bit cold. NWA has been the most enjoyable thing to watch for a while for me now. Though tbh I have not really kept up to date with that either.