• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

andmark

International Captain
I like the numberings because they make it easy to refer to, say, "Hogan vs Andre at Wrestlemania 3" or "Undertaker vs Michaels at Wrestlemania 25" etc

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As I understand it, it's only in the promotional material and would still be referred to as Wrestlemania 31 etc. Happy to be corrected.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The fact that they're doing it because they don't want it to feel old is so laughable. The fact that it's a 30 year old event is what makes it special.

And haven't they stopped referring to it as the Grand-daddy of them all? Vince's fear of aging, clearly.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think they stopped with the grand-daddy thing a few years ago now, but yeah on the whole, whilst it doesn't bother me, the numbering thing is a bit weird. It's not like other sporting events (e.g. the Superbowl) have suffered from continuing to use a numbering system in their naming.

andmark

International Captain
Vince being scared of looking old is incredible. Someone who looked like an octogenarian main evented the first load of Wrestlemanias

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vince being scared of looking old is incredible. Someone who looked like an octogenarian main evented the first load of Wrestlemanias
Lol actually Hogan's fear of aging is legendary. He had a big waaahhhh recently when Lesnar went unscripted on a RAW segment and said "Party's over, grandpa" :laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
WWf wrestlers had it in their contracts in the 80s that they weren't allowed to mention Hogan's baldness in promos

andmark

International Captain
Prediction for HHH's "announcement": Bryan to be in a number one contender's match at Wrestlemania

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I believe they're getting rid of the numberings for Wrestlemanias. Seems like a stupid, needless thing to do though.
Lame. Why do that ffs. Makes it better with the roman numerals, not worse.

Which is why Wrestlemania 2000 name sucked.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lame. Why do that ffs. Makes it better with the roman numerals, not worse.

Which is why Wrestlemania 2000 name sucked.
Agreed, and on the network they obviously agree as they title it wm16 on there.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha forgot about that. Wonder why they randomly did it. Obviously worked, what a Mania that was

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Can't look at a pic of Bam Bam without remembering his match against Lawrence Taylor. Forever sullied.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So it's Bryan vs Reigns for the number one contendership after all then.

I imagine Bryan will lose to a returning (heel) Ziggler, but I guess it's something.

Kind of diminishes the point of winning the Rumble in the first place if the prize at stake is just put on the line in subsequent matches though, as has been the case several times over the last few years. I don't mind it from a storyline perspective if a proud face is goaded in to putting his WM spot on the line or something, but it seems dumb if the authority figures can just come out and make stipulations like that at will.