• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yeah, he definitely isn't. He definitely has been the victim of overexposure though.

His push back to the main event came a year too late. They didn't strike while the iron was hot, and their attempts to rekindle the momentum and popularity he had are going down like a bag of crap.
Yeah its clearly not at the same level as Roman but it's heading down the same path for sure.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Agreed on both accounts.

Side note on Becky, her match with Kairi Sane on RAW was bizarrely poor.
Becky is a decent wrestler but she’s probably the worst in ring of the four horsewoman and isn’t someone that can have a good match with everyone. Doesn’t matter when you have that much charisma imo.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I thought it was pretty good actually. Best part of the show for me.
There were plenty of technical issues, I thought. Kicks that clearly weren't connecting, and I recall botched grapples too.

It was a shame as heel Kairi/Asuka and Becky seem to work well in terms of the non-wrestling portion. I really like the new heel Kairi and Asuka team.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Becky is a decent wrestler but she’s probably the worst in ring of the four horsewoman and isn’t someone that can have a good match with everyone. Doesn’t matter when you have that much charisma imo.
Agreed completely. Never been a fan of her in-ring ability but she's just way too likable for that to even matter.

MrPrez

International Debutant
In other news, Lacey Evans and Natalya will compete at Crown Jewel - first time women have been allowed to fight at a Saudi event.

Pretty cool in the greater scheme of things.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Well Bray actually winning the universal title was somewhat unexpected. I really thought that when the Fiend fell into the electronic stuff he was going to magically disappear and that would be the end.

Wouldn't have made sense given the "match can't be stopped for no reason" stipulation but I just thought there had to be shenanigans to ensure he didn't get the belt on the way.

Interesting to see what happens now with both major title holders on Smackdown...

MrPrez

International Debutant
Also, I liked the red light thing at Hell in a Cell but not sure about it being used for every Fiend match.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This Crown Jewel was better than the others, but still pretty bad imo. At least they did the right thing and put the belt on Fiend, but other than that there wasn't very much good here, at all.

MrPrez

International Debutant
This Crown Jewel was better than the others, but still pretty bad imo. At least they did the right thing and put the belt on Fiend, but other than that there wasn't very much good here, at all.
The 5v5 was pretty good. Not groundbreaking but it's certainly a good sort of match to have if we're going to keep running these Saudi shows.

I heard the Cesaro-Mansoor match was actually pretty good, too, although I didn't watch it.

Also, I'm adamant that Lacey Evans needs to be a face. There's something about her when she's not trying to be a heel that makes her extremely likeable. Given that WWE has essentially turned all of its main female competitors heel except the Lynch and Bliss/Cross, it could easily be justified, and this weird Natalya friend thing happening atm could be used to enable it too.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Lacey Evans turned face a week or two ago, but there was no segment or whatever to indicate it. She's a face now though

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shouldn't worry. Kabuki warriors just showed up as heels one day, so I don't think watching the shows actually really matters.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Io, Asuka and Kairi are all super cool right now. I look forward to reading about how the senile old codger ruins it all. In AEW news, they finally had a good women’s match. Shida is awesome.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
Suprised she wasn't picked up by WWE, honestly. She's got a good look and can speak better English than the other Japanese women they've got.