• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

wrongun

Banned
Fair dinkum. Whether the ring product is better than it is now is very subjective I guess. The overall E product is really dire, but there is no doubting that the roster they have at the moment is far more talented (if less memorable) than that of 20 or so years ago.
I'd say that period was still more entertaining. At the moment the product is terrible. The writers dont have a clue and Vinnie Mac has lost it. Atleast back then we had great mike work and legendary in ring performers

Athlai

Not Terrible
Speaking of the current product. Yesterdays Raw (the first with Heyman as the guy under Vince running it) was actually pretty interesting. Far better than Raw has been in a while though still plenty of things that are dire too.

Wonder if we will see notable differences in Smackdown too

Athlai

Not Terrible
Smackdown didn't feel different outside having a good main event programme for once. But that is probably more just due to Samoa Joe than anything

MrPrez

International Debutant
Speaking of the current product. Yesterdays Raw (the first with Heyman as the guy under Vince running it) was actually pretty interesting. Far better than Raw has been in a while though still plenty of things that are dire too.

I liked the idea behind the Strowman/Lashley thing but wish it had not looked so ridiculously fake.

All of my WWE eggs are in the Bray Wyatt basket right now. Can they just let him into the ring ffs (haven't watched SD yet so this may be outdated). [EDIT: quick google and he wasn't on SD].

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Bischoff apparently not properly starting for a week or two, so probably no surprise that it was not that different this week.

But yeah, on the whole both weekly shows were more entertaining this week.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lolol good ol Mike Awesome....eh it said it in his name
I can't think of Mike Awesome without thinking of the Joey Styles commentary from ONS 2005 where he says Awesome should commit suicide. And then he did commit suicide obviously.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Good G1 so far. I know a few blokes on here aren't too fond of him, but Ospreay is having an absolute stellar year in ring. It's all clicking.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Meanwhile in WWE... they just made the most uninspired piece of pandering trash they possibly could. They will never ever make new stars when they make all the current “superstars” look up to them.

Thank God they at least had Wyatt murder Foley*

*this criticism does not include 24/7 title shenanigans, Drake Maverick is a god.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Meanwhile in WWE... they just made the most uninspired piece of pandering trash they possibly could. They will never ever make new stars when they make all the current “superstars” look up to them.

*this criticism does not include 24/7 title shenanigans, Drake Maverick is a god.
It's kinda telling when the best rivalry in the company right now is R-Truth vs Drake Maverick for a new gimmicky title that means nothing.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Absolutely gutted that the one week I take off from watching the WWE is the week that Bray Wyatt finally shows up in the ring.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Yeah it absolutely sucked

Agent TBY

International Captain
Okada's first counter to the Storm Breaker was absolutely unbelievable.

He moved like the Okada of old in that match. So good to see.