• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
If he wants to take unprotected chairshots then he should be free to do so imo.
Yeah I generally would be on the “not ever” side of things. But he’s an executive in the company. No one is going to be able to force him do anything he doesn’t want to do.

Cody has really impressed me lately. He isn’t the “star” or “Ace” of AEW but he’s certainly it’s backbone. The Dustin match was possibly my MOTY and here today he’s made Shawn Spears and Darby Allin look like big deals right away. People have said that Cody coasted on the Young Bucks coattails, but FMD I reckon none of this would be happening if he weren’t there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Also shout out to the poor dude the camera cut to when MJF said “, yeah I loved video games, and then I lost my virginity”. It’s probably the funniest cut to crowd I’ve seen in years.

wrongun

Banned
They really weren't ffs.
They were for me. It came right after the attitude Era and the fact that I moved to Canada and instantly turned into a poor immigrant Indian didn't allow me to watch any ppvs etc lol but eh the black box I got soon after was great...allowed me to watch one of the greatest manias in 2001. But nothing matches 97-2000 for me.Also, the internet spoilers kinda ruined everything for me...it was a werid jump from being internet less in India watch stuff a month later and still being excited to this.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Of course he's free to do so but it's still dumb and unnecessary imo.

Unrelated, but ROBBIE!!
My opinion is that wrestling is better when it's violent, that included. It's not necessary, of course.

Were you there? Considering the absolutely rubbish card on paper it was pretty fun.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They were for me. It came right after the attitude Era and the fact that I moved to Canada and instantly turned into a poor immigrant Indian didn't allow me to watch any ppvs etc lol but eh the black box I got soon after was great...allowed me to watch one of the greatest manias in 2001. But nothing matches 97-2000 for me.Also, the internet spoilers kinda ruined everything for me...it was a werid jump from being internet less in India watch stuff a month later and still being excited to this.
For whatever shortcomings the period immediately after 2000-2001 had, it was most certainly not the "dark days" of wrestling.

andmark

International Captain
For whatever shortcomings the period immediately after 2000-2001 had, it was most certainly not the "dark days" of wrestling.
Yeah, the in-ring work was some of the best ever, particularly on Smackdown. I sometimes passingly wonder whether McMahon just decided to reward the puritan fans for going with WWE by having Smackdown be so good.

wrongun

Banned
Apologies, I should've been clear. They were he darkest days for me personally due to lack of access to content. 2001 didn't have any ********* etc back then as I explained in my previous post. The in ring product was definitely better than it is now.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fair dinkum. Whether the ring product is better than it is now is very subjective I guess. The overall E product is really dire, but there is no doubting that the roster they have at the moment is far more talented (if less memorable) than that of 20 or so years ago.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
My opinion is that wrestling is better when it's violent, that included. It's not necessary, of course.

Were you there? Considering the absolutely rubbish card on paper it was pretty fun.
Yeah, different strokes etc. I enjoy it more when I'm not worried that someone is going to get genuinely hurt.

I was. And yeah, despite the card it was enjoyable - I was around the area where the exceptionally loud 'GILLBERG' and 'BRING BACK TONY' guy was.

Took a mate who had zero background in NJPW (or Aus indies, obvs) and he seemed to enjoy it well enough - especially once I'd briefed him on the storylines flowing into the main event.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, different strokes etc. I enjoy it more when I'm not worried that someone is going to get genuinely hurt.

I was. And yeah, despite the card it was enjoyable - I was around the area where the exceptionally loud 'GILLBERG' and 'BRING BACK TONY' guy was.

Took a mate who had zero background in NJPW (or Aus indies, obvs) and he seemed to enjoy it well enough - especially once I'd briefed him on the storylines flowing into the main event.
I was sat right in front of you then, last row of the D section. We bought four tickets but two of our friends bailed so we had four seats - quite comfortable.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Different guy, I think. I was right at the back of Section F - directly under the staircase by the venue entry.