• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Mike5181

International Captain
I feel like every Naito achievement, whether it's the IC title or the G1, just seems a downgrade from where he was when he walked into WK 11. He was so over and that was his moment. Definitely one of the most indefensible booking decisions I've seen in my time watching. There's no way you don't pull the trigger on that guy in that moment.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't know. Okada kind of transcended into new wrestling God/mega Ace then and I think if his momentum stopped at WK 11 then maybe he wouldn't be who he is today. His aura was still growing. I think Okada is at the point now though that if he lost at WK to Naito he wouldn't lose much of his aura at all.

Mike5181

International Captain
I feel like it would've been way more interesting now if Naito had, temporarily at least, risen to a level of ace for a year or two. Okada's like 30 or something, he's got so long left for a guy of his quality that it's a joke. Everyone knew when he beat Tanahashi that he was the guy, but that doesn't mean it's the optimal way to tell his story. He was less popular and the crowd was behind Naito. Give him some legit rivals rather than just a long list of guys that can give him a match that he'll obviously win but "oh, that'll be a great match".

MrPrez

International Debutant
Am I the only person who thought that Kofi's finish was absolute dog****?

Also, I'm probably looking forward to RAW tonight (I watch a delayed broadcast because of timezones) more than I was looking forward to Stomping Grounds. Possible The Club revisit and possibly Bray Wyatt's in-ring return. So much better than boring re-hash matches and silly title match gimmicks.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I liked Kofis finish, but it’s the finish for a cage match with zero heat, which is what this was.
Fair I guess. I just feel like if they really want to make Kofi a proper top-carder, he needs to be winning matches like these in a "cleaner" fashion. (I know clean isn't really the word here, but I'm sure you get what I mean).

I just don't see this rivalry victory making him a realistic possibility of defending against a Brock/Roman/Braun type title contender.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Kofi's been booked pretty strong since he won the title. Has barely lost a match iirc. Far stronger booking than...almost everyone else tbh. And far stronger than most supposed underdog champs have been booked over the last 20 years or so.

The feud with Ziggler is pure fodder though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha yeah big yikes. He's a passionate dude and super quick to temper but ffs, who loses a twitter argument to Ospreay.
Yeah precisely. It's a bad job when someone crosses swords with Ospreay and they come out looking like the dickhead tbh.

But yeah, tbf to Rollins, if he he genuinely believes in the quality of the talent WWE has then that's fair. It's true to say that the roster is super talented. But to suggest that the way that talent is used, and that the WWE product is the best in the world...ergh. It's just not true, self-evidently. It's not even the best "sports entertainment" promotion atm.

And the fact that he then resorted to "I've got more money than you" to bait Ospreay is hugely dire.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I like Rollins quite a bit but he’s definitely a tad aggro. Ambrose/Moxley easily my least favourite as a bloke, not that I have any major issue with him. Just seems like someone that would probably annoy me a wee bit IRL.

/myopinionsareonlyslightlyinfluencedbyupupdowndown

Niall

International Coach
Heyman? Cool.

Eric? What the **** does he have to offer in 2019 to the WWE? Its a sign that Vince is desperately out of touch that he goes for someone so irrelevant.