• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
About 18 months ago I made a post in here saying how I just don't have the stomach for deathmatch wrestling but here we are.

I still can't stand when they bust out the syringes though. Or every time someone retweets the weed-wacker spot from CZW ToD '02.
I honestly didn't even know that was a thing. It's actually kind of disgusting.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, syringes are a bad one for me. Death match wrestling generally sickens me which is weird given some strong style wrestling (especially the likes of Misawa, Kobashi etc) could actually be more dangerous in terms of long term damage.
Yeah, headbutts are another thing I really hate as well tbh.

Not so much the Benoit style diving headbutt etc. But the kind where you can actually hear the dull thud of skull on skull contact. Just no.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol Archibald Peck got fired as a writer because a HOF segment mentioned vince's name. what a world

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So, uhh, apparently Dijakovic posted a very White Nationalist tweet that kinda-sorta called for ethnic cleansing (almost certainly in character, but still).

Just because his ring name has '-kovic' in it doesn't mean you have to go full bloodthirsty Eastern European neo-Nazi sympathiser ffs.

Stay classy, WWE.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, uhh, apparently Dijakovic posted a very White Nationalist tweet that kinda-sorta called for ethnic cleansing (almost certainly in character, but still).

Just because his ring name has '-kovic' in it doesn't mean you have to go full bloodthirsty Eastern European neo-Nazi sympathiser ffs.

Stay classy, WWE.
it's weird because they already have Lars who can do it

Athlai

Not Terrible

HHH thinking in bringing in War Machine to NXT:

Vince will never like the War Machine name. They're two hairy dudes who look like vikings, why not do a little twist on it and call them WAR RAIDERS.

Fans:

War Machine was better, War Raiders sounds lame. But whatever, Hanson and Rowe are great, we'll give them a chance.

Vince:

Wow, these viking guys are great! I want them on the main roster. But no one will understand the War Raiders name. I know lets repackage them.

The Viking Experience and they'll need viking names too damn it. Ivar and Erik!

Fans:

What. The. ****.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ivar and Erik is some **** straight out of the gimmicky 80s/90s days. Thought Athlai was joking when I first read his post, but I guess I should have known better.

Bahseph

State Captain
So the Shakeup is over. I don't know what it is about Raw but seeing Finn and Roman on Smackdown just gives me more hope that they will be presented in a better manner. Raw always has the feel that no one is the real top guy except Lesnar.

I like that Gable is back on Smackdown. I love me some Gable.

Also, kudos to Seth. I know Roman is the chosen one but Seth definitely has been the MVP from the Shield. Is anyone as constantly over as he is in WWE? Except probably DBry.

andmark

International Captain
I remember the IWC being crazy about Ambrose just before the Shield debuted. I can't help but feel he's not lived up to the hype and was probably the weakest of the Shield.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's thoroughly mediocre as a face. Thought the deranged lunatic heel could've been his calling but by all accounts his turn and feud with Seth fizzled out quickly. Oh well, not everyone can make it.

Bahseph

State Captain
It's amazing how good the Shield was and still is imo. All three guys are legit maineventers who can put on good matches. I think what hurts Ambrose the most and its probably what's caused him to leave is that he isn't cut from the Seth or Roman cloth. They want him to do comedy and he wants to be a serious character.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ambrose was good when he was the kingpin of Smackdown, feuding with Styles. Doing the Ellsworth stuff. Talking Smack days.

But he was still more or less just an upper mid card psuedo comedy character. Styles was the real maineventer.