• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha began to edit my post to make exactly this point but had to stop to get off the bus.

Suffice to say I completely agree.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Don't really follow WWE news so this could be common knowledge but it seems like they're steering towards merging the brand's before the Fox deal so they can have their 'top' guys on both shows? I wouldn't be shocked if they do a title merger at the next PPV and Kofi loses, I don't really see them sticking with him for a long reign but maybe I'm wrong I guess.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Don't really follow WWE news so this could be common knowledge but it seems like they're steering towards merging the brand's before the Fox deal so they can have their 'top' guys on both shows? I wouldn't be shocked if they do a title merger at the next PPV and Kofi loses, I don't really see them sticking with him for a long reign but maybe I'm wrong I guess.
Yeah, all trends seem to point towards end of brand split. They've clearly got bored of it, and yeah, rumours suggest Fox have told them they'll need to up their game, so they'll no doubt pull out whatever stops they can to get dem ratings up.

RE: Kofi, not expecting a long run myself. But probably a few months. I guess the long term plan is to get the belt back on Bryan, but as the next Saudi show is looming (and he'll probably opt out again), I guess they may wait until after that.

andmark

International Captain
Was the Raw After Wrestlemania (as it must be known- and it's acronym is convenient) any good?

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I’d say overall it was bad for a Raw after Mania. Still had enough going on to be worth a flick through

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Finally watched Bloodsport. Easily my show of the year.

Takeda vs Gresham
Hideki Suzuki vs Thatcher
Minoru Suzuki vs Josh Barnett

Three of my favourite matches this year.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Saw a few highlights from it; did not look to be my thing at all.

Does Takeda actually have any skin at this point? Looked like he's entirely made from scar tissue.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Ooh ouch, no, too much for me.
That match against Jun Kasai is terrifying. That's the tamest gif I could find from it haha.

But Josh Barnett's Bloodsport was nothing to do with deathmatch wrestling. It was all shooters or guys with shoot-style and catch wrestling backgrounds wrestling matches with no pins, only submission or ref stoppage. Worked shoots, I guess. There were no ropes. They did it last year as well, though this years iteration was much better.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's weird because I used to love all that stuff when I was a kid. I think a lot of that was because back in those days I thought "ah it's fake so they'll be fine". Whereas nowadays I can't not see the people behind the character, and the impact it has on their bodies irl rather than in kayfabe.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It's weird because I used to love all that stuff when I was a kid. I think a lot of that was because back in those days I thought "ah it's fake so they'll be fine". Whereas nowadays I can't not see the people behind the character, and the impact it has on their bodies irl rather than in kayfabe.
Ah I'm not sure you were watching dudes wrestling in a ring with no mat covered in broken light tubes slamming each other onto boards of scissors and forks and pile-driving each other through plate glass, but I see your point.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ah I'm not sure you were watching dudes wrestling in a ring with no mat covered in broken light tubes slamming each other onto boards of scissors and forks and pile-driving each other through plate glass, but I see your point.
Don't worry, I can be sure for both of us.

Plenty of XPW and 3PW vhs tapes doing the rounds back in those days.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Homeless Jimmy the GOAT.

I think I'm the opposite to you. If I was watching that **** as a kid I'd be traumatised but now I figure these guys do what they do because it's what they love. They know what they're getting into.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think as a kid I just had a much shorter attention span and sought out hardcore wrestling simply because it involved more crazy spots and weapons etc. It more closely resembled how I would play wrestling video games I guess.

I get where you are coming from though, and don't disagree really. I guess the kicker for me is that however you look at it, the wrestlers involved are still human beings, and some of the injuries etc. they pick up for the sake of entertaining can be worse than those picked up in legit shoot fights, muggings, car accidents and so on. Got no objection to them doing it obviously, all the power to them as far as I'm concerned. Admirable to be so passionate about something to go to such great lengths. Just find it difficult to watch.

I'm probably just a wimp though. Found the HHH/Batista spots involving the pliers a bit too much, and they were safe as hell and involved no gore at all.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
About 18 months ago I made a post in here saying how I just don't have the stomach for deathmatch wrestling but here we are.

I still can't stand when they bust out the syringes though. Or every time someone retweets the weed-wacker spot from CZW ToD '02.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, syringes are a bad one for me. Death match wrestling generally sickens me which is weird given some strong style wrestling (especially the likes of Misawa, Kobashi etc) could actually be more dangerous in terms of long term damage.