• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Might go back and watch Ospreay/Cobb and the NJPW-side main events at some point, but yeah, ROH is a ****ing garbage fire and needs to go away.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not like anyone expected the ROH centric stuff to be good, but even so, it managed to bad and embarrassing on levels that couldn't be expected. unbelievable.

basically all the high points featuring ROH wrestlers are only in that company because of the NJPW links, except for PCO. The NJPW title matches have all rocked though, including heavyweight tag title

Spikey

just occurred to me that these bad ROH wrestlers got matches and jonathan gresham didnt

Mike5181

International Captain
People are going in on ROH pretty hard, sounds like their share of the G1 Supercard was a disaster. Bit of a shame because I was looking forward to it.

Re the Bret Hart incident, you've got to be next level stupid to attack anyone in general, but especially at an event like that. There's just no way a bunch of roided up 250 lb men, including a UFC fighter, are going to tolerant something like that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I Wish hall of fame didn’t have fans, should absolutely be a private show.

Also hope NJPW drop ROH and pick up AEW as their partner. I know we haven’t seen anything from AEW, but anyone is better than ROH right now.

andmark

International Captain
There's a great vid of Dash Wilder cracking the stage invader right in the mouth
I wonder if that will affect his career. I could understand them thinking he should've kept cool under pressure. On the other hand, it could make for a funny gimmick device.

Spikey

I'm gonna mount a semi-defence for ROH. They've lost such an incredible amount of talent over the last 3 years and it's pretty amazing they hadn't flopped on a big show already. Now, some of the talent they lost is their own fault, but until now they've been able to provide decent shows. last night was a disaster but if they actually listen to what people are saying, they can move on quickly from it. The efforts they're taking to replace lost talent has mostly been successfully up until last night. From last night's card, Cobb, Brody King, Bandido, PCO, Mark Haskins are all recent signings, plus they're making more use of guys in the NJPW/CMLL alliance like Dragon Lee, Rush, Juice, ZSJ, etc. None of those guys were an issue last night. They all did their jobs

Last night's card fall apart because of three angles: Woman of Honor, Bully Ray & Enzo and Cass. Obviously, they shouldn't've done any angles like this on the show anyway but looking beyond that, Voices of Wrestling is saying their source tells them the booking team was against Enzo and Cass, with hints that Bully Ray is a factor in them being there. Bully Ray, of course, shouldn't be in ROH but I'm wondering if there was a similar push from "upper management" to get him in, and he's since absorbed some of the roles from people who have left. This needs to be fixed asap. (although the Bully match did get some reaction from the crowd) Woman of Honor is something that ROH were slowly building and something they should have given up on. WOH started in 2016 but they only ended up actually creating the belt for WOH in 2018, which is the same time it became all but clear that it just wasn't gonna work with WWE scooping up female wrestlers around the world. They should have cut their loses but instead they've tried to make it a thing, with obvious results. I guess good on them for trying, now shut it down and just have Stardom matches every now and then, and get freelance wrestlers in if you want an American in the match. Don't ****ing bring in TNA stables for the love of god.

Obviously the world title picture is a mess, but I'm assuming Taven is gonna quickly defend the belt against Rush. Get Rush the belt, dump those angles and you can move on from this. Of course, all this relies on a wrestling company learning from mistakes, which they never ****ing do, but if they do they're in a solid spot. It helps that for the first time in a long time you don't have a solid chunk of the roster waiting to jump ship

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
The end of the Honor Rumble perfectly encapsulates everything I've grown to hate about American wrestling. You have two greats, one of them on his retirement tour, facing off and you go for the "swerve" to "get all the heat"? **** off, you massive dickwads.

I don't know if partnering with AEW would be any better. We just had a whole year of the evergreen, constantly evolving Jericho trying to play the super heel while adoring crowds chanted "Y2J" at every turn.

NJPW should just go solo. It's not like they'll ever have a shortage of this bull**** as long as Gedo is booking.

Spikey

anyway I think I've subscribed to DDT universe but I can't be certain I didn't sign up to be beaten up by pandas

andmark

International Captain
Before I say this, I wouldn't consider RoH or NJPW as "proper" indie promotions due the their sizes. That said, indie wrestling is a ****ing great sports entertainment

Last edited: