• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a complete mess. This rumble could've been amazing if they'd kept Bray, Ziggler, Bryan, Ambrose and Reigns as the final few. They were looked at as genuine possible winners of the rumble, so when everyone of those except reigns was eliminated there was zero excitement. Such poor booking.

Feel bad for reigns tbh. Wwe must have thought "Oh they won't boo our guy if rock goes out to big him up". Yeah right :laugh:

Hell of a title match though. Up there with HHH - Foley and Angle - Benoit in terms of great RR title matches. 5 star triple threat if there ever was one.

OverratedSanity

What if Rock becomes Reigns' manager and they turn heel. God that'd be great. The usos could join in too... Its be called the Samoan Family or something. 10/10 heel faction.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well, that turned into a bit of a fiasco. Surprised Reigns got booed as much as he did - but needing Rock to basically win the match for him (against two midcarders who are basically over the hill) makes him look weak as ****.

Really hope they at least use the Rock's involvement to build to something interesting. The way HHH came out at the end suggests to me that they might be building towards Rock/HHH at WM, but that raises questions about what to do with Sting. Can also see a swerve whereby they turn Rock heel and add him to the main event with Reigns and Lesnar (as at the moment, though I don't have a problem with Regins, crap promos aside, him vs Lesnar just does not have the star power for a WM main event for mine).

Spikey

well Heyman kindly offered the services of Brock to solve HHH's Sting problem....which basically made no sense.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And yeah, Bryan being dumped out so early was basically just Vince sticking a massive middle finger up to the entire WWE fanbase.

OverratedSanity

Well, that turned into a bit of a fiasco. Surprised Reigns got booed as much as he did
Really? I was pretty sure it'd happen. The problem wasn't just that he won but in a roster where Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, Wyatt are all immenseley over, the final few included Big Show and Kane. Such dumb booking. reigns was bound to be booed if he won anyway, but having him win after the other favorites got dumbed out in anti-climactic fashion made it feel cheap. Also makes me really apprehensive for Mania now because it seemed to set up a Rusev-Cena match. Sigh.

Anyway, atleast we got that title match. Rollins was just unbelievably good. He's an absolute champ.

Spikey

Why didn't they just have Bryan.....not be in the rumble? If he wasn't gonna win, his participation was always causing trouble

OverratedSanity

Did anyone catch the Rock and Roman interview after the Rumble? Was so bad. Rock seemed completely rattled by the reaction Reigns got and was uncharacteristically off his game on the mic. Rock flubbing lines in an interview is not something that happens very often.

OverratedSanity

Why didn't they just have Bryan.....not be in the rumble? If he wasn't gonna win, his participation was always causing trouble
Haha no... they did that last year and the crowd **** all over it then too. The WWE is in a bit of a lose-lose scenario because unless they but Bryan in the main event, the crowd is going to hate it... that's how much he's over. But ffs they could've had him in the last 5-6 atleast, and could've made his elimination a big deal. He was just sort of tossed out.

Could be they didn't want to risk his neck by giving him too much time in the Rumble. Still doesn't make sense though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, Reigns is a decent worker, and basically ticks all the boxes. Whilst there were other guys in the match who were more the fans' favourites, I didn't think they would have been as vocal in their opposition to him winning as they were. At least it wasn't someone like Orton who won, for instance. But yeah, on the whole the best thing you can say about it was that it was really poorly handled.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha no... they did that last year and the crowd **** all over it then too. The WWE is in a bit of a lose-lose scenario because unless they but Bryan in the main event, the crowd is going to hate it... that's how much he's over. But ffs they could've had him in the last 5-6 atleast, and could've made his elimination a big deal. He was just sort of tossed out.

Could be they didn't want to risk his neck by giving him too much time in the Rumble. Still doesn't make sense though.
Yeah, it's completely illogical. His return has been built up for a while, and is one of the things people have most been looking forward to this year. The Rumble was meant to be his triumphant comeback, for him to come in early, and be eliminated after a few minutes is just crap. It makes him look weak, and of course the crowd absolutely **** all over it.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I've not really watched any wrestling for years now but follow this thread and the one on CricSim and occasionally watch PPV main events.

Big Rollins fan after the gif OS posted and the elbow through the table. Orsm.

OverratedSanity

Oh man I just realised Brock was selling the broken rib as the achilles heel to Reigns' spear, and looked pissed even after winning because he was hurt. Good stuff...Brock does the little things brilliantly. Still can't get over how good that triple threat was. As good as HHH-Benoit-HBK imo.

I'm going to mark out like a bitch if Rollins cashes in on Reigns after he wins at WM.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay I caught it live on the network, as I'm sure did many of you. What they've done to The Ascension is such a joke, it is like a parody of poor main roster booking. They lost twice to the same team on the way out of NXT and still looked like badasses - an infinite amount of wins with this stupid gimmick will still get them nowhere but let's cut to the chase. The Triple Threat match was insanely brilliant. All three men looked incredible, especially Lesnar. Who the hell can beat him, the way he has been booked.

Which brings me to the Rumble. What a load of crap! I was so disappointed at the end. I'm trying to type things but maybe sleep deprivation or just anger means that I don't have the words. They pull this 'reality era' **** whereas the reality is that Roman Reigns is the chosen one of the authority - why not use that storyline?! You don't even need to write it. It is too confusing to have that "face of the WWE" storyline whereas the real chosen future face of the WWE, chosen by the actual authority is not Orton or Rollins but actually Roman Reigns. The circumstances are such that Roman Reigns is the perfect mega-heel right now - they need to utilise this. They have the perfect opportunity. He has the family connection, he has the looks, he has the lame catchphrases - it is like old school Randy Orton but even more believable. He was born into this spot and people will always resent that. I'll struggle to continue to watch if they continue to pretend that Roman Reigns is a popular winner.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm not convinced that Reigns will forever be resented tbh. All of the Shield guys are loved by the IWC for a start, and he has all the tools for the E to make him a credible maineventer for mine. I think he's just a victim of circumstance. Firstly, his long time out injured means he's not been adequately built up for the push he's now getting, and simultaneously he's unfortunate he's come on to the scene at the time where Daniel Bryan, the most naturally (for lack of a better term) over guy what seems like forever, has only just returned from injury himself, meaning the fans are desperate to see him get what they think he deserves.

Had Bryan not won his race to be fit in time for WM, I don't think anyone would have complained at a Reigns win.

That said, I agree completely that the E would be decidedly ill-advised to try and pass him off as a popular winner, the fans would most definitely crap all over it.