• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They did the same thing when Bryan had to relinquish.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they just had them win then it'd be a 'cheap pop' and feel good moment, whereas this is 'exploitation' of the situation

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They did the same thing when Bryan had to relinquish.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they just had them win then it'd be a 'cheap pop' and feel good moment, whereas this is 'exploitation' of the situation
Not convinced this is really comparable to Bryan's situation tbh.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This course of action is the cheap pop. A feel good moment will live in memory, Dean can turn next week and it wouldn't matter an iota. What happens if Roman doesn't beat it? Then they exploited his passing for a storyline? It's classic Vince.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching the youtube clip so not sure if it was that different live, but I just found the constant crowd shots very distracting and the beat down took way too long which took me out of it, but then that's the product. I think he should have hit the finisher, kept the body language stuff he did while recovering from dishing out the finisher, and... just rolled out of the ring and gone home. I think that would have been more engaging.

I assume the turn itself is partly so that someone in the shield has done a bigger betrayal than Seth's betrayal, which hey, job done, but that could be considered tacky.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This course of action is the cheap pop. A feel good moment will live in memory, Dean can turn next week and it wouldn't matter an iota. What happens if Roman doesn't beat it? Then they exploited his passing for a storyline? It's classic Vince.
Yeah, it reminds me of how the Eddie death ended up being handled as well. Not as bad (not yet anyway), but enough to fill with me with a sense of disquiet.

But for Roman getting sick the turn would not have happened tonight, and the fact that it did does make it feel exploitative to me.

I strongly suspect Roman was consulted and OK'd it, but like you say, the turn could just have easily have been held off for a week.

Mike5181

International Captain
As long as they aren't undermining the severity of his condition, I don't see an issue with it. Using it as the thing that finally breaks Ambrose works and in real life they're best friends, so I'm sure Roman's fine with it.

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Awful news and I obviously hope for a quick recovery.

A return from him could make for a great moment. It could be similar to this from Kenta Kobashi who returned after cancer.

andmark

International Captain
With Reigns's absence from the Saudi Arabia show, the WWE have announced the Universal Title match will now be between Lesnar and Strowman. My disliking of Lesnar is well-documented in this thread, but I'd expect him to win.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Don't really care either way tbh, but if I had to pick I'd put it on Strowman. Bloke deserves the chance to see what he can do, and they need to pull the trigger on him sooner or later. Another Lesnar run with the strap will benefit nobody.